PDA

View Full Version : 250r vs 06 Z400

yamaha225dr
08-23-2013, 09:27 PM
My buddy brought his Z400 over so we could race. We ran three times, twice from a slow first gear roll on an asphalt road and once on gravel from a dead stop. The first race he hung with me to the top of second but by the end of third I was gone and just running away. The second run I royally screwed up and over revved second, he went zooming by but by the end of fourth I had done caught up and was putting lengths on him quick. The last run was on a gravel road from a stop. This allowed me to launch in second and hard cause of the poor traction, he never had a chance. In fact, he had to stop cause of the gravel hitting him. The last run was about 400ft,the first two were up to top speed. He has a full DG Exhaust, big gun rev box, airbox lid removed, lowered and a plus one tooth countershaft sprocket. I have a FMF Fatty Exhaust, airbox lid removed, Boyesen reeds, 38mm Carburetor and 13 /38 gearing. I knew I would win but was surprised by how much, it had to have been 6 +quad lengths between us . The asphalt roads were not public stress, they are abandoned roads on farm tractors use now.

Yamaha_Rules69
08-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Heck, a stock 250R would have wooped him, including air cooled.

yamaha225dr
08-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Heck, a stock 250R would have wooped him, including air cooled.

A stock air cooled 250r would have a hard time out running a stock Z400, much less one with an exhaust.