PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri moto 200 rear axle help

Yamahajake
08-18-2013, 04:11 PM
ok guys I have a 1985 ytm 200 shaft driven with reverse. it wasn't doing a thing when put in gear so I tore the rear end apart and fount the bearings to be shot, and if I held the imput shaft I could turn the axle. I replaced the bearings and reassembled it and it seemed pretty tight and I couldn't hold the imput and spin the axle. I installed the rear end and start the unit on a jack and it drives forward and reverse then I put hubs and wheels on it and set it on the ground and it still wont move??? any help?

dougspcs
08-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Did you by chance open the differential and check the gears?

Is it making some kind of noise when you try to make it go??

Sounds like your crown/pinion are blown apart..

Shouldn't be hard to tell.

Yamahajake
08-18-2013, 09:14 PM
yes I had it apart, I put new bearings in it and no not really any noise the gears seem to be pretty tight but I guess not

dougspcs
08-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Pull the driveshaft boot back and verify that the shaft is rotating..

If its not you have a transmission problem.

If it is you'll have to pull your differential back apart and see what you missed..splines in your differential where the axle slides in may be shot from the axle flopping around from the bad bearings!

Yamahajake
08-19-2013, 12:15 AM
its a 200 there is no boot cause its a solid rear end. and I don't understand why it worked without tires and wheels on it

newfiebullet
08-19-2013, 05:13 AM
simple things first check the reverse lever, then the middle drive gears...once the relese button stops working on the reverse handle its easy for it to slip out

dougspcs
08-19-2013, 07:13 AM
its a 200 there is no boot cause its a solid rear end. and I don't understand why it worked without tires and wheels on it

Yeah right .. Thinking 225s

dougspcs
08-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Newf is right..start simple.

If it was skipping gears or sheared axle splines in the rear end you'd be hearing a bunch of noise from back there..