PDA

View Full Version : Tire Question

MTRDUD
12-25-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm getting ready to replace my rear tires on my 350x and I'm thinking of dropping down to a 20" tire. I'm thinking of either holeshots or razors and I've even looked at some all-traks. What are you guys using and what are some experiences with different sizes or brands?

olderthandirt
12-25-2003, 06:17 PM
when i purchased my 350x (used) it came with DICO turf tamers 18x11-9
they resemble the holeshots a little, seem okay in hard pack,mud is so so
and in the snow they are worthless if your in 3" or more.
you really need to decide what type of riding your going to do,and on what surface(mud,hard pack,rocky,snow,etc.)
the guys on this site will help the best they can, but only you can make the final decision.
i'm going to order some new tire/rim combo's from rocky mountain atv
many people on here have good things to say about them.
keep the DICO'S for back up as they are great to pull the kids on their sleds/snow disks on the ice,might even try to stud them.
again good luck with your search,and let us know what you buy and how they work out for ya. :)

MTRDUD
12-25-2003, 06:38 PM
My friends and I mainly ride on MX style tracks that are mostly sand and some red Georgia clay. I will either get some holeshots or razors, but I'm undecided about the size. The trike has 22" tires now and I'm concerned about the change in gearing if I go to a smaller tire. Can someone tell me the difference in the two sizes pertaining to this?

Tri-Z Pilot
12-25-2003, 07:12 PM
I like the ohtsu 20/10/9 400ex tires, they are a good all around tire. The lower tires will make you loose some top speed, but your bike will be a little snappier, and accelerate harder, if you want your top end speed back, try a plus one countershaft sprocket.