PDA

View Full Version : Camping+Trikes=Fun!

coolpool
08-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Bit of a run down for the last couple of days. I use the BR to put my boat in and out of the lake. Works great; lowered the trailer bunks and springs one hole and welded up an extended tongue. Axles don't even get wet. I also use it for riding the extensive bush trails around here. Matt brought out his Taurus and we put three hours of riding in plus one hour of blueberry picking. My daughter and I took two 70's out and rode for three hours and also picked some more blueberries and some raspberries. Got a little freaked our by the massive pile of bear crap in the berry patch. Caught some "chickens" (ruffed grouse) pecking gravel on the bush road and snapped a quick pic before it took off. There were three more in the ditch beside the road. All in all the machines worked great. I was a little skeptical on the 70's as how finicky they can be but I must say they are dialed in nicely. Clocked 10 miles that day easily. Enjoy the pics!

Ghostv2
08-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Looks like a day I wish I could experience. Some cool pics.

Worden18
08-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing :)

honda200xguy
08-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Good looking berries.
Like the taurus..looks like a beast.
Also like the makeshift trailer hitch hookup you made, nice.
Looks like you had fun!

-Honda200xguy/Zach

atc007
08-14-2013, 07:43 AM
That's good living there Pete. Thanx for sharing. All the bears are running way rich this time of year! That's all you see around here. I aint gonna lie,,after damn near getting mauled last year,I stayed out of my favorite patch.. We've stayed to the safer patches this year.

jb104
08-14-2013, 08:44 AM
It looks like you guys had fun. It does'nt get much better than camping with friends + family. Sweet pictures

trikebandits
08-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Looks like skat next to your fresh pick berries in the one picture.lol
Looks like it was a lot of fun .

John jr
08-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Looks like a fun trip, Thanks for sharing the Pics.

JasonB
08-14-2013, 10:20 AM
very cool! and i would have freaked out over the potential for running into a bear lol

sp8twn
08-14-2013, 10:23 AM
nice pics Coolpool, Thanks for sharing!

keister
08-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Big Red, Taurus, 70's, and berries! That's tough to beat.

Don't worry about the bears. When they see a human on a 3-wheeler, they think, "Wow, he must be bad arse, I'm outta here."

RIDE-RED 250r
08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
I LOVE camping with my wheelers! Thats what we do on Tug Hill in northern NY. Our wheelers are our primary mode of transportation on outings like that and I can never get enough of it..

As to the Yogies... A Smith and Wesson X-Frame on hand does alot to ease that little worry! LOL! ;)

coolpool
08-14-2013, 08:32 PM
I LOVE camping with my wheelers! Thats what we do on Tug Hill in northern NY. Our wheelers are our primary mode of transportation on outings like that and I can never get enough of it..

As to the Yogies... A Smith and Wesson X-Frame on hand does alot to ease that little worry! LOL! ;)

Thanks for the comments!
Yes trikebandits that is one LARGE pile. That's why I took the pic next to the 2 lb margerine container for reference. I wish we could carry ride-red. But chances are if it meant business you probably wouldn't see it until last second anyways. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any sign until my daughter spied that one.

RIDE-RED 250r
08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
I have heard that sometimes you can smell a Yogi before you see him if you are in thick stuff.... And very true about how quick they can be on ya!

MattDragontamer
08-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Yea that was an awesome day when we went out on that ride.
Looks like you and Amber had even more fun scooting around on the 70's. :)
And yea, the berries were worth the risk. :D

atc007
08-15-2013, 08:10 AM
I have heard that sometimes you can smell a Yogi before you see him if you are in thick stuff.... And very true about how quick they can be on ya!

TRUST me fellas. After last years event. I first hand KNOW. A gun ,,well,,, let me put it this way. She was silent,no smell whatsoever,no sound before the thunderous announcement. She would have got me down,,for sure. She was maybe 9 feet away.. However, I was gonna say a gun would have been useless, but that is not true. Assuming I could have stayed conscious for the attack. I damn sure would have got ahold of it and started letting the air out of her !!! My friends and family said,well, go back, but carry. It's just not worth it to me. I picked elsewhere,,where there ARE bear lol. But these bear aren't fed at feeders 24/7... Our families been picking berries w the bears and snakes all our lives. But that deal last year was a real eye opener:) This is a super beautiful thread as always Pete.

coolpool
08-15-2013, 05:00 PM
TRUST me fellas. After last years event. I first hand KNOW. A gun ,,well,,, let me put it this way. She was silent,no smell whatsoever,no sound before the thunderous announcement. She would have got me down,,for sure. She was maybe 9 feet away.. However, I was gonna say a gun would have been useless, but that is not true. Assuming I could have stayed conscious for the attack. I damn sure would have got ahold of it and started letting the air out of her !!! My friends and family said,well, go back, but carry. It's just not worth it to me. I picked elsewhere,,where there ARE bear lol. But these bear aren't fed at feeders 24/7... Our families been picking berries w the bears and snakes all our lives. But that deal last year was a real eye opener:) This is a super beautiful thread as always Pete.

Thanks 007, glad you are here to talk about your bear experience. I was bluff charged once and it gave me a new outlook on these things. I always remember I'm in their backyard when travelling the back woods.

RIDE-RED 250r
08-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Yep, love the berries...

I remember when I was a kid, I was in berries all summer long almost. There were berries out the wazoo on my parents' property.. Early on, the wild strawberries, then the blueberries, and then the blackberries and raspberries. I used to go out in the morning and fill a cereal bowl, then go fill it the rest of the way with milk... Breakfast of champs! :)

yammerhammer88
08-15-2013, 10:51 PM
three wheelers + camping = a prime example of family fun right there, nice trikes btw

atc007
08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Yep, love the berries...

I remember when I was a kid, I was in berries all summer long almost. There were berries out the wazoo on my parents' property.. Early on, the wild strawberries, then the blueberries, and then the blackberries and raspberries. I used to go out in the morning and fill a cereal bowl, then go fill it the rest of the way with milk... Breakfast of champs! :)

Oh you know it. Blueberries or raspberries in milk with a little sugar.. MMhh MMHH good !