PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up some atc 70's one has an issue

Audio_Phill
08-13-2013, 10:21 AM
It feels like theres something holding it back, I was riding across the driveway in second and it sounded like it was struggling to pull then it got worse till it finally slowed to a stop while I was giving it throttle. The engine kept pace but it felt like the brake was holding it back but upon inspection I see no sign of it being a brake issue.

Any ideas?

badass350x
08-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a clutch issue..

jb2wheels
08-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Did you pull the brake drum to see what's up? It's possible the shoes are separated and messing with your mind.

The only other things to check would be chain or bearings or clutch as suggested.

If the engine's losing power, points points points. And condesnor. Maybe fuel system - like the little screen in the carb inlet behind the petcock is plugged up.

Audio_Phill
08-13-2013, 12:28 PM
seems to take fuel ok, does studder a little but imma rebuild the carb anyway. I'll look more thoroughly at the rear brakes, if it is a clutch issue (does kinda seem like it engages at a lower rpm than my other 70), what might i look into?

Audio_Phill
08-13-2013, 11:51 PM
didnt get to work on the atc tonight, but I ordered new points and a plug. I'll update as soon as I get more into it.

Is there a manual cam chain tensioner on these?