PDA

View Full Version : Atc200 spark issues

3wheelerfan1991
08-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm kinda lost with this thing right now. Basically it will get spark a few pulls then lose spark. Then spark will come back again. I have unhooked kill switch, replaced stator and flywheel. Ignition coil, spark advancer. Also I have swapped CDI's with a spare i have. I have had it running but it will lose spark and die. When I pull the plug it's always wet. When it does have spark the spark is bright and strong. It has a new plug also. The headlight switch is also unplugged ( don't think that makes a difference.) any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks alot. Also I re did all of the connections

Yamaha_Rules69
08-11-2013, 09:05 PM
I had this problem with my 185 years ago, and in my case it turned out to be the black CDI box. I put a new one on, and never had another problem.

3wheelerfan1991
08-12-2013, 05:49 PM
I had this problem with my 185 years ago, and in my case it turned out to be the black CDI box. I put a new one on, and never had another problem.
Thanks ill try that. Is there anywhere I can buy a new one? I only can find used ones on eBay.

Yamaha_Rules69
08-12-2013, 09:54 PM
I found my new NOS one on ebay about 5 years ago, and only paid 35 dollars for it, new still in package. You just have to get lucky I guess or buy a used one and cross your fingers.