PDA

View Full Version : Chinese motor electrical experts needed!

90guy
08-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, My 70 with a roketa 110 motor in it lost spark. I was dinking around and all of a sudden I had spark. Looked and my cdi box was touching my rectifier. I was like ok.... Lets try and start it now. And look it runs. While it's running I pull the box away from the rectifier and it quits and I lose spark. Do it again same thing. What is causing it to do this? Cracked CDI case? Which part should I buy the CDI and the Rectifier and just get them both out of the way and new?
Thanks, Todd

shortline10
08-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Sounds more like a bad wire connection , nothing worse than china electrical gremlins :lol: .

90guy
08-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Haha I sure hope not! Although I wouldn't doubt it! I did see a spark go from the Cdi to the rectifier though? So confused! Lol

kb0nly
08-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Bad ground on one of them i bet.

Mosh
08-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I have had a handfull of laydown and gy6 cdi problems. Many times just moving the cdi box slightly will cause intermittent no spark issues. Had one that would run all day dangling from the harness. Everytime you put it in the rubber hanger it would lose spark. Be sure to check the terminal tension on the plugs for the cdi.

90guy
08-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Was moving a bed and box spring out of the garage look down at the little guy and see that the hot wire going to the cdi box is held on by a single strand. I stand there wondering if that is what is causing it. Pull it out. Re solder the wire on. And lookey that. She runs like a champ. Dang wiring gremlins!

shortline10
08-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Nice ! The Chinese gremlin showed its face :lol: