PDA

View Full Version : Banshee axel carrier the same as TRi-Z ????????????

TRI-Zbrian
12-24-2003, 03:42 PM
i was wondering if the banshee axel carrier is the same as the tri z one because i herd that the axels are the same and was wondering if also the carriers were also and if yes what year banshee axel carriers will fit?? thanx for the help in advance guys

im looking to spiff my Z up with a new durablue plus 4 axel and if i can use it a brand new double bearing carrier made for a shee if it will bolt up.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-24-2003, 11:27 PM
I have thought about this, and i am sure it can be done, but there is one problem,well it might not really be a problem , but you never know. If you look at a tri-z's swingarm, you will notice that the chain adjustment, makes the axle carrier swing out from the top, but on the banshee, the chain adjustment makes it swing out from the bottom, do you get it? The tri-z has the 2 slots for the carrier to move out and in, on the top of the swingarm, while the banshee's slots are on the bottom of the swingarm, kind the same but upside down, so if you use the banshee carrier, it will have to be mounted upside down. the good thing about this is that you can put a banshee bracket on the carrier, and use the banshee's caliper too, which might improve the braking power. go to bikebandit.com, and look at the rear of the tri-z's swingarm, and the rear of the banshee's, and you will figure it out. Too bad we cant get an afternarket swingarm with the round type honda carrier, that would be sweet.

TimSr
12-25-2003, 01:03 AM
i was wondering if the banshee axel carrier is the same as the tri z one

Nope.

If you want wider, the most economical way is to use a typical aftermarket rim, such as the standard Douglas .190 aluminum which has a couple more inches of offset than the stock rims. It will give you 4-8" of width gain, depending on what tires you use, which is about teh max youd want to go anyways, and is a lot less money than a new axle, unless yours is bent or broke or something.

scott zimmerman
06-10-2009, 04:13 AM
i want a honda 1 on my banshee that would be sweet banshee are a pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1