PDA

View Full Version : Here I am with another problem...

Auto_Demon
08-05-2013, 03:36 PM
K so my 85 250r isnt running how it should, i just replaced the stator and before it needed a new stator it was running perfect. took it for a ride today and it occasionally sputters and bogs, this is what i was going through before, i put a reed spacer on, would that have any affect on this? havent taken a look at it yet as it is cooling down, just need some advice on where to start or what it could be. thanks

Bren_downe
08-05-2013, 03:50 PM
What color is your spark plug? Running rich would cause sputtering black and oily plug is rich, white or gray is lean. Lots of good jetting threads out there, research is king.

Auto_Demon
08-05-2013, 03:57 PM
havent checked it cuz im lettign it cool down, its not smoking a whole lot, very little in fact, but if its running too lean would it cause it to sputter and bog? i have an in line fuel filter too if that makes a difference, stock jetting and everything

Auto_Demon
08-05-2013, 04:14 PM
O and it only sputters and cuts out at wot

Auto_Demon
08-05-2013, 05:09 PM
k so i took off the flywheel just to double check everything and i found that the wire going to the pickup was damaged from the flywheel rubing against it, the wire insulation was cut and a bit of the wire so i just wrapped it in electrical tape and moved the wire out of the way.

Bren_downe
08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Sputtering and citing out at WOT is a sign of too rich on the main jet. Check your plug when you get a chance, even if its all stock you should check your plug and adjust your jetting accordingly, changes in elevation can affecting jetting also.

Auto_Demon
08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
The plug is fine

90guy
08-05-2013, 06:33 PM
The plug is fine
Plug is paper bag brown? Still sounds like a fuel problem. But have you tried it since you moved the wire?

82 250r
08-05-2013, 06:43 PM
how much of the copper wire is missing? The wire needs to be a specific size.
What reeds are you running? Some reeds don't work well with a spacer.