PDA

View Full Version : 1984 200x shift problems

jimthetruckdriv
08-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I got a motor in a trade, took it all apart, cleaned it inside, new rings, put it back together, runs good, But, don't want to shift right, the shaft moves a little, with it pushed in, it won't shift into gear, if I pull it out it will shift into gear, I look at the other two motor's I have apart, I'm not sure what to do, any one know how to fix this, it don't move but about a sixteenth of a inch Thanks

Dirtcrasher
08-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Glad to help but it's hard unless you post some pics. Seems like something in there isn't in the right spot or is missing.....

jimthetruckdriv
08-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Not sure how to post pictures, with this smart phone, the case has a stud made into it and it butts up against the shift shaft, I have two other motors apart now, I think I'm going to try and thread the stud and put a cap nut on it, I didn't have any parts left over, and the other two motors show wear on the stud and shaft, thanks for the reply

oscarmayer
08-05-2013, 10:42 AM
if you look at my sig you will see a manual download page, there ti will have info and details on how to work on the transmission.it sounds liek you missed a spacer or washer someplace. look at the manual after download and see what you find.

jimthetruckdriv
08-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have the books,,, u offer to down load, I didn't take the gears out just split the case and cleaned, I have two other 200x apart now, it looks like wear on the shaft and case stud. Thanks