PDA

View Full Version : First signs rear-end is going ???

short4stuff
12-24-2003, 10:34 AM
My rearend is getting lose (the axles moves up and down when the rear-end doesn't) is this a sign that the rear-end is going I read this on here before.

2strokepwer
12-24-2003, 11:12 AM
sounds like the bearings need to be replaced. is it a chain drive or shaft drive?

hondaATCman
12-24-2003, 11:29 AM
sounds like the bearings need to be replaced. is it a chain drive or shaft drive?
Its a shaft drive

If your axle moves up and down it sounds like the bearings. If it moves left to right its sounds like the axle nuts needs tightened up. If I were you, I wouldn't drive it until I get it fixed. Hope this helps,

short4stuff
12-24-2003, 04:58 PM
alright thanks hondaatcman so there are 2 bearing right are they kinda hard to change or do you know?

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-24-2003, 05:50 PM
i changed the rear end bearings on my old DX awhile ago, and its not hard at all, simple actually, just pull the axle out, and my bearings pretty much just fell out....

short4stuff
12-24-2003, 05:57 PM
ok so to take the axle out you just have to remove the 2 nuts that are on the leftside of the axle??? and then it just pulls out ??

yellowhammer
12-24-2003, 07:09 PM
its easy, i repleaced them on my 200yammy chain and shaft, and my 250 big bear.
all you do is:

1) take your tires off, and your hubs( most likely just your right side one)
2) take off your disc brake( just the disc and caliper)
3) smack your axle with a piece of iron ( is what i did) and your axle should just slide out.
4)then use a screw driver or a piece of pipe or sumthing to tap your bearings and seals out.

*repeat these steps in the opposite order to put evrything back together.

its very easy to replace them on a 83' yamaha 200 chain, just 2 bearings and 2 seals, on the shaft 200 yamaha, is one side has a bearing and a seal, and the other side has a bigger bearing, and has its own seal.

any more ?s just post em