PDA

View Full Version : The "project" Tri- moto tractor

MTS
07-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Well,
i Guess ill let you guys know what i have been some of my spare time on recently :lol:
here we have a tri-moto 125 that the old man picked up last spring sometime, it was froze into the ground with the front wheel missing and a engin full of ice...(not the coolant)...fast forward a few months i got around to looking at what i thought was a froze motor (and it was just not siezed :crazy:) much to my suprise it had a fresh bore and a brand spankin new Wiseco piston...installed backwards...with some hookey copper washer as a headgasket. So of course...new set of rings...piston installed correctly..new headgasket, picked up a 175 for parts and away i ran!! did a 30km poker run last year with it...not to many problems...other than an old oem air-filter falling apart and plugging the carb as i went :naughty: suprised alot of new Fangdangled 4 wheel'd machines with it that weekend :lol:. But of course it came with a price...i Smoked the clutch..the adjustement nuts fell off...big suprise :D so in went some more spare parts from the YT175...clutch, primary drive gear, oil pump gear...and off again!! so now with them new tires...wich where free with the machine...and the talll primary gear..i found it a little "flat"...So i did what most hillbillys do, gave it a backyard port job! it came out pretty sweet...ended up havin to shave the head down quite a bit and fab a new Fancy copper headgasket to get my squish and compression back CLOSE to where it should be, Still more tuning to do and compression to build but i thought i would write a book on it and give you all something to look at and laugh at for the evening!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151752779926413&l=7089937142252201261

JasonB
07-31-2013, 10:06 AM
who's the stud muffin in shot number 7:naughty:

and look at them cute little old tractor tires! came out nice man, sounds like a fun bike to beat on

keister
07-31-2013, 10:15 AM
That thing looks like a tiny little tractor.

jb2wheels
07-31-2013, 10:48 AM
The whole thing sounds like a lot of fun!

Does it actually still have the oil injection tank hooked up and working?

JasonB
07-31-2013, 03:36 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gc9Btb1xfNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/Gc9Btb1xfNY

because it needs to be in here.

MTS
08-01-2013, 02:46 PM
yup the oil injection still works. after last nights ride tho im on the hunt for a bigger better carb that little 20 isnt cuttin it no more!!!