PDA

View Full Version : 250sx seat swap

gladiator mice
07-30-2013, 10:42 AM
my 85 sx seat has got some tears and from the looks of things they tried to fix it and failed. i know where i can get a 86 blue sx seat cover. if i remove my seat from the fenders will the 86 sx seat cover fit my 85 sx cushion? there is nothing wrong with my fenders or seat cushion though, so that is why i want to just swap seat covers. is this do-able?

tri again
07-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Member Mosh knows all.
I've also seen lots of seat covers on ebay but you gotta decide what finish you want.
I had one with some 'grip', kinda like superfine sandpaper textured vinyl and
it was not as easy to slid around on.

Daveand78
08-08-2013, 10:12 AM
my 85 sx seat has got some tears and from the looks of things they tried to fix it and failed. i know where i can get a 86 blue sx seat cover. if i remove my seat from the fenders will the 86 sx seat cover fit my 85 sx cushion? there is nothing wrong with my fenders or seat cushion though, so that is why i want to just swap seat covers. is this do-able?

My 86 250SX seat was totally destroyed from the previous owner storing the trike out in the elements. Even the seat base plastic was brittle. I wound up bying a used 85 250SX seat and had Mrs. Mosh install new foam and a reproduction blue seat cover onto it. The seat looks so good now! Long story short, yest I believe that an 86 seat cover would fit over the 85 seat foam.

I hope this helps.174726

oldskool83
08-08-2013, 11:08 AM
sent it to moshs' they did this little guy for me and many others.