PDA

View Full Version : To Restore or Not To Restore?

Trucker200X
12-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Okay, so I got my first trike 83' 200X. I am kind of wanting to do a partial "Restore" on it, Just like pull of the Hubs, Axles, and other misc. stuff and just clean it up, paint it, put new bearing, hoses, etc on. I also want to remove the motor and repaint it because the dip wad that I bought it from painted it silver. Should I do all this or will I probaly end up just tearing things up?...Thanks for any input...

Tri-Z Pilot
12-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Follow your instincts, and above all, take pics, we all love to see a nice restoration.

atcmatt
12-24-2003, 04:49 AM
Yep go for it...........nothing like a nicely restored trike!

Matt

ScottZJ
12-24-2003, 08:18 AM
Well I am all about restoring to look nice but very capable of doing some serious riding. I dont think I could have a garage queen, I would want to ride it. But I dont like them looking like junk either.............peace

sittinguy
12-24-2003, 09:25 AM
I have restored a few 350x's and it is alot of fun but VERY $$$$ The parts for these bikes are costing more and more everyday. Just to make a decent looking bike with reliability can cost a couple grand,,, easy. and if you want it pretty thats another story, go to page 2 or 3 on this forum and look for a post called 350x showbike. That is a Full restore garage queen. But if you enjoy working on things, go for it. It is very rewarding at the end to show it off and ride it. Good luck and start posting pics

honda200
12-24-2003, 12:19 PM
actually, I restored my 86 200X for about 500 bucks, and its looks awesome now, all I did was get ne plastics (259 bucks from maier) rear bearings (40 bucks) and then little MISC stuff, if I was going to keep it, I would take the motor out, powdercoat the frame, new tires all around, and some 200X decals (flamed! of course!)

Here it is

http//www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=37843&img=honda_trike.jpg

Sorry, I cant seem to get it up here now,, grrr

Curtis