PDA

View Full Version : 1974 Honda ATC 90?

kzr800
07-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Gentlemen, I need some expert advice here. I have the ability to pick up a 1974 Honda ATC 9 that is 100% all original, even the balloon tires. It is in good overall shape. It runs great. It would be a great restoration project, or it could be left as a barn find survivor. My questions are simple…..What would be a fair price to buy it? What are they worth in general? How hard is it to find parts for these? I’m sorry if these are stupid questions, but I have no knowledge of these. They are before my time and I never had much interest in them until now. This unit has had me thinking all day…LOL. The more I look at it, the cooler it is to me. Any and all info would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

kb0nly
07-26-2013, 02:42 PM
The value is hard to judge without seeing it, and it also varies by location, market, etc.

They are a fun trike! I just rebuilt a 74 ATC90 this year, fun little toy!

kzr800
07-26-2013, 02:57 PM
The value is hard to judge without seeing it, and it also varies by location, market, etc.

They are a fun trike! I just rebuilt a 74 ATC90 this year, fun little toy!

Was it hard to find parts? I know everyone is always looking for the tires and this unit has VERY nice OG tires on it. No dry rot, no plugs and they hold air. The gas tank has no rust, but it does have two small dents. Everything works and it runs great.

Akracing
07-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm redoing one as a rider... I have had no trouble finding parts... lots of places have parts but they come at a cost... The seat and tank seem to be be the hard to in good condition find and expensive part.... there are fenders suppliers to choose from but pricy... Really depends on if its gonna be a show bike or a rider.... :pics: Get us some pics... I would base price on what needs to be replaced or repaired on trike... I'll have prolly 5 or 6 hundred in mine plus the $50 price to buy it... I could bought one in better condition but I wanna know the bike in and out.. I'm no expert just my opinion...

90guy
07-26-2013, 07:13 PM
74 great year love that year! Mine started as a 74 and now its way more. Parts are easy to come by. great machine! With original balloon tires and in nice shape should be 500-800 on shape and area.

coolpool
07-26-2013, 07:13 PM
If it's how you say then I'd predict the 500-600 mark. The unfortunate part is that it's worth more parted out if the tank,tires and seat are nice. Weird eh?

jb2wheels
07-26-2013, 07:48 PM
When I built my 78, the hard parts to find were the 1/2 seat pan and the bolt/nut plates for the front/sides to mount the seat. I don't know how different the 74s are.

This was mine:
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/110610-Finished-my-90-110-hybrid

ATC Heaven repops the parts:
http://www.atcheaven.com/Seats.php?pageNum_Sea=1&totalRows_Sea=39
seat pan: SP-942-74
seat plates: SCP-942-74

I was able to get some through a forum member.

Can also be hard to find a nice headlight bucket cheap.