PDA

View Full Version : What would it take to put Tri-z front end on 225dx/dr ?

short4stuff
12-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Would tri-z parts would I need?? less as possible and want triz front tire ...

3WheelsForever
12-23-2003, 11:18 PM
I dont think itd take to much to do the swap. Im guessing its a little like the switching the SX front end to a 350x or 200x. You would just have to have the whole tri-z front end and tripples and then all you would have to do is weld some new steering stops Im guessing. Thats all I did when I swapped the sx front end to a 350x front end.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-23-2003, 11:22 PM
that's pretty much what I was guessing.

short4stuff
12-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Ok so I would need everything I could not use anything from my dr frontend .... So I this off a tri-z
Tripples
forks
hub
axle
rim

right ? Thats seems it gonna be pricey ... everyone puts a different frontend on there 250sx but never hear about it on a 225dx/dr so I say I think I should try it.

atckowalski
12-23-2003, 11:29 PM
I;m not sure what you may need or if you can do it but, I can tell you what happened when I put a tecate 3 front end on my 225dx. It brought the front end up a bunch,just like I thought I wanted ,but it also made it very HARD to steer and made it almost impossible to do wheelies.I then put it back together right, with a taller, thinner tire and I really like the way it looks and it does good but, I then found out ,after it snowed a little, it again is, very HARD to steer! I think if a begginer or a quad man rode it like that , they would go smack right into something when they tried to turn and did'nt.Just somethings to consider. ;)

Get on it, or get the hell off it!! :-D
Happy Holidays to all on 3 wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

short4stuff
12-23-2003, 11:31 PM
I dont know how it would make it impossible to wheelie but ok... How did you put a skinner tire on the front with the stock set up?

Tri-Z Pilot
12-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Yeah, if the front end was higher, you would think one small stab of the throttle would pop you right up?

atckowalski
12-23-2003, 11:57 PM
It might seem like it would go right up but nope.The front end is higher but it is also longer.Like on a chopper, as the forks get longer, physics take over and hold it to the ground.Oh, by the way, I usually steer with the back tires anyway 8) The 3rd tire is the one usually in the air :)

3WheelsForever
12-24-2003, 12:04 AM
I dont agree with you there aaa. I put that 350x front end on it and it sat around 2 or 3 inches higher. It made the front end pop up like nothing. With the 350x front end it was way easier to pop up even compared to the light 200x front end I had on it a couple weeks before.

atckowalski
12-24-2003, 12:18 AM
I forgot to say that, after I put the tall, thin tire on , I replaced it with a new wide,short wooley booger and it steers a hell of alot better :-D
I also failed to mention that the swap changed the rake of the 225 somewhat and should also be considered.

Ever ride a wheelie on a chopper :?:

Darius1502
12-24-2003, 03:07 AM
Congrats to aaakowalski for coming up with the best new word I have heard this whole year:

I then found out ,after it snowed a little, it again is, very HARD to steer! I think if a begginer or a quad man rode it like that , they would go smack right into something when they tried to turn and did'nt.Just somethings to consider.

I love that term....'Quadman' its almost sarcastic.

Think about it....calling him a quad man really makes him sound 'un-manly'. Especially if you say,

'A 3 wheeler rider could handle but a quad man would eat trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro on that hill'

Thats awesome!!

Darius