PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust build up?

ebaccm26
06-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Finished up putting a new top end on a 225dx tonight. It runs fine but very clearly has build up in the muffler, it is bad enough to where it can barely run unless you're really on the throttle. I threw on a random muffler to double check and it ran perfect. Basically wondering if anyone knows any good ways to clean out the inside of the exhaust, I was not able to do it simply by shoving something into it as there are several hard turns on the inside.

Gearheadtom
06-25-2013, 09:45 PM
I've heard about putting them in a good hot fire before and buring it out, but that'd remove any paint from the muffer (if there's any left anyway), and if you have to hot of a fire, and a thin rusty muffler... it might melt holes in it.

Jason125m
06-25-2013, 09:48 PM
If the muffler is in good shape, build a fire, make a nice spot for it to sit, and let it sit in there. You will see smoke coming out from the carbon burning away. Will be no smoke when it is 100 % clean. Fire will not be hot enough to melt anything, unless it is huge and sitting right in coals... lol

ebaccm26
06-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks guys, put it in a fire today and then power washed it after. Seems like it did the trick.