PDA

View Full Version : Raced my bro's Preditor

86250RZ
12-22-2003, 02:48 PM
My bro bought a Preditor about 2 months ago and has been ragging me to race him ever since. Well he knows I will not pull my 250R out of the shop when it's wet and muddy and the last couple of times he's been there to race me it's been pretty nasty outside and i would not race him, he keep saying if your scared say your scared. I said why should I be scared of your $6000.00 2004 golf cart vs my $1,750.00 18yr old trike (thats what I paid for it.) If you win you have nothing to be proud of, now if I win thats another story. This has been going on now for over a month now. Well saturday morning at about 9am my windows start shaking and then I hear this loud growling sound and then it hit me what the hell all the noise was . My brother had pulled up next to my bedroom window reving the crap out of his engine over and over trying to call me out. so I said to myself, if he wants some he's going to get it.(in the back of my mind I was thinking I don't know if I can take his Preditor or not) So I go outside and he has this huge grin on his face and he says "Are you ready Boy" its nice outside today so I dont want to hear any excuses, so I go out to the shop and pull out my 86 250R. We have a driveway at my house thats about a 1/4 mile long, perfect for drag racing. Well we line them up, we look at each other, he bobs his head and I nail it. 1st gear, he got the jump on me and I'm looking at his tailight, 2nd gear I'm still looking at his tailight, (I'm thinking to myself he's going to whoop my arse) 3rd gear I notice that I'm starting to gain a little ground, 4th gear my front tire is about even with his rear tire, 5th gear Im pulling on him hard and my front tire is now just behined his front tire(he looks over and im looking right at him and he has this suprised look on his face) , 6th gear BY BY BABY WHOOO HOOO!, by the time we reach the end of the drive I'm about 2 trikes ahead. I whooped him fair and square but he was not having it, he thought it was a fluke so he asked to race again and again total 86 250R 3 Preditor 0. Now all i need to do is get his arse on here to admit it. Sorry for the Novel guys just thought some of you mite like to here about an old trike whoop'in on a new golf cart.

short4stuff
12-22-2003, 02:57 PM
O hell ya lol... Thats what I like to hear.

smokinp
12-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Thats what i like to hear :D

sittinguy
12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
People for some reason think 4 wheelers have some advantage. GOOD FOR YOU, thats what i like to hear!!!,, A few days ago I was riding with this young guy in the hood, and he just got a Raptor. So we go to this lot where they are getting ready to build a new house and they had loads of dirt all over. So I say watch this, as I popped up and over 6 back to back hills of dirt. I come around to see him lined up looking at it with this look on his face like::: "If that old 350X can do that, surely my new 660 Raptor can do that easy" NOT,, ha ha ha . Dirt sandwich

Aaron2003
12-22-2003, 04:09 PM
i have an 86r that was set up for racing i have tosted a couple of 400ex's with ease, last time i went to the atv park i took my 350x and this guy was there with this new 660 raptor and a loud ass pipe, nice guy, well i want to race him with my 86R CAN I BEAT HIM?? he thinks i can up to about 1\4 mile, i have no clue....

86250RZ
12-22-2003, 04:31 PM
From what i've read a Preditor and a Raptor have about the same top end speed. My bike runs like new and rides like new so if your R is in great shape you should give him all he wants.

bigred110
12-22-2003, 06:05 PM
I've ridden a raptor and I raced a pred. with it. I got the jump but the pred. passed me about the 330ft. mark. The raptor wasn't mine so I wasn't really trying to race it that hard.

atcmatt
12-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Im stupid..............whats a preditor!!!!! :?

350XXX
12-22-2003, 09:31 PM
the 500cc polaris race quad.

350XXX
12-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Aaron, yu should smoke him in under a 1/4 mile race, but he will probably get you on a long haul, the raptors designed for long haul high speed racing and riding, not really a drag bike without some major mods. i'm not saying they aren't fast, they are, but the 86 should smoke it. my boss smoked one on his 86 350x in a 1/8 and 1/4 mile races.

trikerider2oo7
12-22-2003, 09:36 PM
One hell of a beast 500cc Polaris race quad

atcmatt
12-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks for clarifying that........... I hate polaris stuff...........

Matt

HemiChallenger71
12-22-2003, 10:54 PM
Considering your shifting every gear as fast as you can grab it (I have to on my R), You must have known you were going to beat him. The only hard part with a trike is the start. I practically start off normal as if I wern't racing and still manage to beat a geared down raptor in a 300 ft. or so drag. He's topping his machine out and I'm just hitting 6th gear, just to give you an idea as to how much his machine is geared down. I want to race a Z-400 and a Predator, but I dont get out much to ride. I also wanna race a new Honda 450 and yamaha 450 when I get my pipe on and properly jet my machine. I'm sure if I had a little bit of porting not many quads would be a good race for me, but then I probably couldn't keep my front end down. 250 dirt bikes walk on me like nothing, maybe we should start comparing our machines to bikes, cuse they move out.

Darius1502
12-23-2003, 02:21 AM
Hmmmm.....I wonder how a 500cc two stroke quad called, "Quadzilla" might handle those....

....500cc 4 strokes....ha ha ha!!

Darius1502
12-23-2003, 02:23 AM
Sorry I know its 3WW but I just love the fact that Suzuki had the nuts to build a 500...

I wish Honda finally finished the ATC 500R project it started in the mid 80s.

Fast416ex
12-23-2003, 03:55 AM
Sweet 'Zilla :-D

Kilborg
12-23-2003, 02:57 PM
If you really want to show up that 6000$ pig, without even modding yours, heres how....

Go outside one of these days...Practice your 3rd gear holeshots. When I race I never launch in anything but 3rd gear (And I still have traction problems, im not quite stock but somewhat close..i do 4th gear launches sometimes but I still really need a bit more power or lower gearing to take the best advantage of that), Also, use the 250r's midrange to your advantage. Shortshift it. I raced a slightly modded vforce 700, and launching from 3rd gear I could kick his ass every time provided I could get enough traction off the line.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-23-2003, 04:24 PM
No doubt, that quadzilla would smoke a raptor or predator, the predators also have a small disadvantage, because you have to back off the throttle the whole way to shift them, something to do with tranny, but what do you expect from polaris's first non auto high performance sport quad, but I guess they got the problem worked out on the new models, they even have 440 cylinder kits now.

TRI-Zbrian
12-23-2003, 04:38 PM
yeha i love the ZILLA i dont care if its a quad its one golf kart i will own one of these days id rather have a zilla then a banshee any day

Darius1502
12-24-2003, 02:59 AM
There is something about the Zilla that makes it seem like the 'ungolf cart' .

I guess because its just such a ballsy machine. You know when the 4 wheelers came out I felt like the manufacturers were calling us too stupid to ride 3 wheelers and maybe some of us were....

.....but when Suzuki released the Zilla I remember almost crapping in my pants as a 15 year old in 1987....I was like 'Oh my God' 'Oh my God...this is getting serious!'

The jug on that thing is the size of a jumbo Folgers coffee can. If you find one in good shape they run like a beast....

Stock vs. Stock a Banshee and anything else would get slaughtered. The problem is that most Zillas are now too old and since they are not that reliable most people never get to ride one thats running correctly.

Don't listen to the 'Zilla' naysayers out there....the Quads have a crapload of power....you can't even use it all unless you are in the desert.

Darius

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-24-2003, 03:04 AM
darius, my negibor used to have a zilla just like that, awesome shape, ran great, i rode it a few times, but it was useless in trails and stuff, in the field and roads it was fun, but get into trails, it just wants to jump the gun and take off flying into everything....definatly a ballsy golfcart