PDA

View Full Version : Another 250ES keeper for the pack..you just can't have too many!

dougspcs
06-21-2013, 12:32 PM
This is the 3 machines I bought a couple weeks back in Michigan..all shed finds with low hours and a belly full of sour fuel.

Well the 250SX went to a local guy, the 125M went by truck to BC..the sale of the two covered the cost of the buy plus a couple hundred over.

I was left with the 250ES..

So I cleaned it up as I did the 1st two, got a replacement carb from FlyingW to make it purr!!!, some new rims and rubber, and a battery..

What a beauty I think..

A perfect companion to the Back in Black trike I finished in the spring.

..a little Ebony and Ivory(silver) thing going on.

I could almost say my collection is complete but, NAH..there will always be one more.

Big G
06-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Geez Doug, when did you buy those 3 trikes? Don't remember you posting the find...were you holding out on us! Ha ha. Anyways good way of doing business - basically getting the Big Red for free! I bet those rims and rubber set you back a few though eh. Anyways, nice addition to your collection! You need to get your mitts on a 200 now - looks like most of your Honda trikes are big bores!

dougspcs
06-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Geez Doug, when did you buy those 3 trikes? Don't remember you posting the find...were you holding out on us! Ha ha. Anyways good way of doing business - basically getting the Big Red for free! I bet those rims and rubber set you back a few though eh. Anyways, nice addition to your collection! You need to get your mitts on a 200 now - looks like most of your Honda trikes are big bores!

Thanks G, I made a thread when I got them..I don't hold out. When I'm excited about a buy I share it!! It was a once in a long while find for sure..

The rims and tires are cheaper than you'd think. Borrowed the same rim specs from the Black trike and the same I put on my brothers. They are ITP steel 12x7, 2+5, 4/110..run about $40 in most places...then shopped for some 12" tires I thought look good.

The entire purchase came in around $300..pretty damned reasonable I thought.

I went thru a few 110,125,185,200cc trikes..200E, 200M, 200X, and a couple Yamaha. They were cool, but not everyday riders for me..the 200x was a bit small so I got the 350x. The others without suspension were a too hard on my bones!! Mostly just passed them on..

I might like to keep my eye out for a nice AutoX or 200X I can project..its about the only trike I haven't had. Besides a 70..

kb0nly
06-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Nice trikes there! Nothing like getting one for free, but i bet that extra you mentioned went pretty fast buying the carb, tires, wheels..

dougspcs
06-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Nice trikes there! Nothing like getting one for free, but i bet that extra you mentioned went pretty fast buying the carb, tires, wheels..

Yeah, but still in all only out of pocket for about $250..so can't complain.

IronBear
06-21-2013, 08:28 PM
This is the 3 machines I bought a couple weeks back in Michigan..all shed finds with low hours and a belly full of sour fuel.

Well the 250SX went to a local guy, the 125M went by truck to BC..the sale of the two covered the cost of the buy plus a couple hundred over.

I was left with the 250ES..

So I cleaned it up as I did the 1st two, got a replacement carb from FlyingW to make it purr!!!, some new rims and rubber, and a battery..

What a beauty I think..

A perfect companion to the Back in Black trike I finished in the spring.

..a little Ebony and Ivory(silver) thing going on.

I could almost say my collection is complete but, NAH..there will always be one more.

Looks great!

atc007
06-21-2013, 09:42 PM
LOVE IT ! What a beauty,,now go push that headlight down into the rubbers lol ! Beautiful fleet man!! I WILL set one up like yours sometime !

Buck Snort
06-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey Doug! Have you shipped trikes before? With the 125 wouldn't shipping to BC just about double the price of the trike. The guy must have really wanted it.

kebby28
06-21-2013, 11:35 PM
What kind of tires are those Doug?

dougspcs
06-22-2013, 07:22 AM
What kind of tires are those Doug?

Duro Excavator..very reasonably priced..

http://www.atvtires.com/

Hey Doug! Have you shipped trikes before? With the 125 wouldn't shipping to BC just about double the price of the trike. The guy must have really wanted it.

Actually the buyer found the company and arranged it all..I have it somewhere and can send the info. It only cost him $450 door to door..he wanted it badly. I put the machine on sales hold for him for 3 days while he worked it out..

dougspcs
06-22-2013, 08:34 AM
LOVE IT ! Beautiful fleet man!! I WILL set one up like yours sometime !

Thanks Bill, problem I think for you is..you're just like old mother Hubbard..you have so many children you don't know what to do!!

Gotta start selling them..then you can focus in on the ones you want to keep. I bet there are a ton of members that would beat a path to your door to help you with that little mission!

Your killer pack is in there already..it's just lost in the crowd!

now go push that headlight down into the rubbers lol !

It's buggin you isn't it..you know I didn't even notice how bad it was until I looked at these profile pics. The support under the front rubber mount is tweeked down..I'll have to straighten that.

atc007
06-22-2013, 10:40 AM
You hit it right on the head my friend.You have NO idea lol. Anyhow,,someday,,,things change. But right now,I wanna hold on till the market is MUCH riper. It's only started...BUT,,with the direction this Country is headed..Most will be broke.. IIIIIIIIIII don't know !......