PDA

View Full Version : I hate aftermarket stuff!!

hondaATCman
12-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Ok... I bought a bunch of aftermarket stuff for my 110 and its nothing like the original. New headlight...doesn't fit or have the same wires (now I have to do alot of splicing). front fender...alot of modification needed. rear fender...so many mods its not funny... none of the plastic studs lined up with the frame pieces, had to add an inch spacer on the rear bracket for the platics to be even... had to throw away one rubber cushioner, the seat was a story also...it fit on the plastics ok but was left with a bunch of overlapping fabric which had to be laced and pulled under, and the twist throttle had about 2 feet of extra cable. I was looking at an aftermarket gastank (the plastic ones) and can already tell its not going to fit right and require modifications. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :evil: Man I hate doing this!!! :evil: :evil: I wish everything just fit like it was supposed to.

smokinp
12-21-2003, 11:32 PM
that sucks when stuff like that happens :oops:

olderthandirt
12-22-2003, 08:16 AM
not to second guess you,but are you sure the company sent you the right year or model of parts? they may have sent them wrong.
most reputable aftermarket parts fit well.
good luck with the problems,hope you get them figured out.

Andrew
12-22-2003, 04:39 PM
what he said,or trailprotrailpro frame is toast

ATCRYDER
12-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Im thinkin the same thing. Either you ordered the wrong parts or the company screwed up....a little late now :oops: .

sportvette
12-22-2003, 07:39 PM
i can say that aftermarket parts do not fit as well as stock parts. maier plastics dont always fit nice like oem. also plastic tanks are a pain when you first try to put it on. depending on the weather, hot or cold, these parts expand and contract quite a bit, it makes a world of difference if you leave the tank indoors for a couple days and then put it on.

happy holidays,
mark

250r 83
12-23-2003, 01:22 PM
I hear what your saying, aftermarket parts can be a real pain in the butt. I ordered a silencer and pipe for my 83r and had to change alot of things just to get them to bolt on. Something that should of took about 10 minutes end up taking a couple of hours.

hondaATCman
12-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Ok guys, I got all of em on and working right with a little elbow grease and some thinking, but its looks NICE!!

No I didn't order the wrong parts, I just had to modify and take my time and I got them to fit on.

Something that should of took about 10 minutes end up taking a couple of hours.
You said it right on!! Thats nothing but true.

Pics coming early Jan.

350x'inNY
12-24-2003, 02:45 PM
I agree about the Maier plastics..... that's why I paid big $$$ for a set of new OEM rear plastics for the SHowgirl.

I have a headlight guard that won't fit. Going to have to re-drill the holes that are on it so they reach the holes in the triple tree fork clamps. The OEM one was a much better design, it didn't mount to the fork mounts on the triple tree, but the holes in the cross bars only!

I also have a set of footpeg extenders that were on my 'Daily Driver' when I bought it. Got them off and all cleaned up and repainted to put them onto the 'Showgirl' and realized the guy modified the footpegs so they would fit on. (And aslo welded on the Right footpeg on the Daily Driver :rolleyes: ) So..... going to modify the extenders to put on my footpegs. Why he would modify the footpeg and not the extender baffles me.

Bruce

TRI-Zbrian
12-24-2003, 02:53 PM
after market car parts are the same way they dont fit worth a dam but usually if you work with them you can make them work i have learned to only buy GM parts for my camaro because the after market trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro in the automotive world sucks ass and never wants to fit and bolt up properly but then again thats why its cheaper you pay for what you get if i dont have the money for a part i wate till i do and buy a good one that is going to last i dont like being cheap with my toys