PDA

View Full Version : 1986 ATC 250ES aftermarket carb question.....help!!!

caldera
06-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I had trouble with my stock carburetor on my Honda 250es after using fuel with ethanol in it (big mistake) I got the engine running but the darn thing kept starving for gas. I cleaned it a few times and still had trouble with it. Most of you know how hard it is just to take the carb off of these things so I decided to go on Egay and bought an aftermarket carb to have as a spare. The trouble I'm having is the stock OEM throttle cable does not work on the throttle body of the aftermarket carb. Can anyone give me any clues as to where I could buy a throttle cable that will work along with this carb. I contacted the seller of this carb and they informed me they did not stock a cable that worked with this aftermarket carb. Below is a link to the listing of the exact aftermarket carb I bought. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-HONDA-ATC250SX-ATC-250CC-ATC250ES-CARB-CA32-/180717258632

dougspcs
06-06-2013, 09:05 PM
There is no way that carb would work in a hundred years for that application..I'm sure I don't need to tell you but the top mount where the throttle cable screws in is angled completely wrong. The cable top would be pointed straight at the frame..

I'd call the seller out on the fact that this part is an impossible fit and shouldn't be listed for the 250ES/SX and request it go back with shipping paid..

Don't re-invent the wheel for that F^&$ed part!!

I see the problem though. All the Ebay replacement carbs are the same style..what gives?

For another $30ish you could have one of FlyingW's beauty rebuild carbs..no brainer solution to me!!

atc007
06-06-2013, 09:08 PM
What he said.. GET YOUR CASH BACK. Find FlyingW on here and he will clean your carb back to new,,flush your tank while he has your carb,if it's a little rusty,do the vinegar trick,if not,just clean it. Then put a inline filter on it before your flyingw carb. And all with the world will be perfect. JMHO.

Thorpe
06-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Agreed... Have the W do your carb, and ditch the eBay junk....

dougspcs
06-08-2013, 07:25 AM
I may also be on the line with FlyingW in the next few days..

While trying to clean up the carb on my newly acquired 250ES the idle mix screw snapped off. I stripped it down and dunked it overnight just the same hoping the dunk would clean it well enough..

But after a thorough cleaning and reassembly it still isn't running well..the snapped mix screw and a combination of corrosion in the main needle bore and carb troat!!

I think I'm ready to call it on this carb..