PDA

View Full Version : Putting a tri-z 250 engine in a blaster?

Tri-Z Pilot
12-21-2003, 03:47 AM
I want to know how hard it is to put a tri-z engine in a blaster for future reference, does it bolt right up? Do you have to make a new pipe for it, or will the pipe still clear the frame? I have heard of this before, and a blaster rolling chassis should not be that expensive, I may do this in the future if I dont think my father can handle having all that power on three wheels, or I may just by an old 200x, or 200x auto if the rolling chasis is too expensive, so if anyone has any pics of a blaster with a tri-z engine in it, I would love to see it.

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-21-2003, 04:05 AM
go to blasterzone.com, or blasterhq.com they got pics,specs,and if i remember right an 85 yz aircooled 490!!

Tri-Z Pilot
12-21-2003, 04:19 AM
I couldnt find anything.

whiteaz92
12-22-2003, 12:40 AM
hey i have one its really not easy u have to cut the frame and weld new mounts and stuff where the stock mounts are u have to cut them out b/c the motor is too big. the radiators are a pain the way i had um at first were on the bumper but i got a radiator from a kx125and mounted them on the left side of my frame the whole rear end fits right in but its prett tight you can use any shock that fits really but when u stick the diffrnt swing arm in the shock mount on the swing arm is farther back so i welded a new mount on my frame that came out more and lifted it up not doin this makes trailprotrailpro bike about 2 feet tall for the brakes i welded a mount on the frame and it works good ill have pics soon i jus gotta get it all togeather im rebuildig my motor.i wannasee my blaster fly by my brothers raptor lol also for my exhaust i cut the tip off the tri-z and welded it to my trinity blaster exhaust it worked out pretty good thats all i had i spent no money in parts for the conversion jus money reaparing the motor but it would be great help for sum1 to tell me what intake manifold to use for a 38mm carb. i havnt tried heating it yet but itjus doesnt look like it can stretch that farif anyone has any ideas please help me

Tri-Z Pilot
12-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Really, I thought that you could just bolt the engine in, I didnt think that you would have to cut the frame, I thought that a yz 490 engine would bolt in, and that is almost identical to the tri-z, maybe I will try a banshee chassis instead.

CHAINSAW
12-22-2003, 03:42 PM
blaster frames are super small. No other motor will bolt right in that I am away of, unless you go really small.

ATCRYDER
12-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Ive never heard of -any- straight bolt-in engine swaps...excluding 86/87 200X's and TRX200SX's...and pretty much the whole 185cc/200cc Honda trike Line.

jason85atc250r
12-22-2003, 09:33 PM
a IT 200 yamaha dirt bike from the early 80's is the almost identical engine to a blaster. one guy i used to race with put one of those cylinders on his blaster. they have boost ports like a honda 250r engine. the bike engines kick the wrong way. they are way faster then a blaster.

ATCRYDER
12-22-2003, 09:38 PM
I didnt know about the "boost port". That information might come as good use later on.

Youre wrong on the kicker issue i'd say because blasters already kick the "wrong way" for atv's.

jason85atc250r
12-22-2003, 11:26 PM
your rite my bad. it's been awhile since a sold my 1989 i used to race in the ealry 90's. i forgot they do kick like a bike. please forgive me. :D one guy i raced agianst put boost ports in stock blaster cylinder. a couple guys back them put complete triz rear ends on there blaster also. my one friend did it to his and it was not that hard. for the last 2 years i raced that class i put a blaster engine in a 88 suzuki lt250r chassis. it worked awesome you got some real suspension for once. it only wieghed 15 lbs more. there was a trx 250r one a guy made around the same time as me. in district 6 in eastern pa they have a totally seperate class for blasters in motocross and harescramblers.