PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Puzzle on e-bay

Beer_Smurf
12-21-2003, 03:08 AM
Anybody remember these?
Not me selling it, just wanted to share.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448835278&category=35581

Tri-Z Pilot
12-21-2003, 03:11 AM
That's sweet, I dont remember it, since I was probably in diapers during the days that trikes ruled the roost, but I think it would be cool to get a whole bunch of old trike memorabelia, just to have a little piece of history.

350x'inNY
12-21-2003, 09:36 AM
Yes.... I lucked out a couple months ago. I stumbled over a Dutch auction that had 10 of these puzzles. I emailed him, and he said only 5 of them were ATC, so I got the 5 sets of them. He also had a Dutch auction of the '83 promo deck of cards, still sealed in the original packages. Only got 2 of those.

Lil more info on the puzzles... a couple of my puzzles still have the 'contest rules' inside the canisters. Here's what it says.....

1.) To obtain an official game puzzle visit your Honda dealer, and present a free gift claim certificate to a Honda salesman. Last date to receive a puzzle : April 14, 1984

2.) To Play: Put together the pieces of your puzzle to form a picture. Once the picture has been completed, compare your picture with the pictures on the Honda Open House Matching Display at participating dealers. If your picture matches one of the pictures on display, you are a winner of the prize indicated.

Reading further, I guess you could win 'instant prizes' as well... very early 80's prizes....
Grand Prize - Trip for 2 to Europe + $20,000
First prize - Tour Trip + $2000
Second Prize - Sony Watchmans
Third Prize - Kodak Disc Camera
Fourth Prize - T-Shirts

Nothin says 80's better than Watchmans and Disc Cameras! haahahhaa

I'm going to put the puzzles together over Christmas Vacation here. Some seem to have more pieces than others... :? The guy said there are at least 2 different kinds of puzzles, maybe more.

Bruce

smokinp
12-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Thats neat :D

skippy
12-21-2003, 12:12 PM
that is the same kind i sold on here to a member about 4 weeks ago... i have others.. $15 shipped..