PDA

View Full Version : Southern Wisco's 350x Build

BleedRed
06-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Well time has finally come after 4 years that I'm getting started on my '86. Here is what I got done over the weekend. Polished front end with 10" front wheel with sedona bazooka 21x7. I went with these tires because they had the sizes I wanted. I was gonna go with dunlop quadmax's but their 18" rear tire was only available for 8" rim and I really wanted to run these Douglas 9" beadlocks so I went with the sedona's. All new bearings and seals with the tapered bearings in the neck. Using the stainless bolt kit because it is a pet peeve of mine to see a rebuild with rusty bolts.

Pictures aren't the best because I started this in my basement. I will move outside as soon as I get my carrier bearings so I can put a durablue +4 axle in it. Bearings should be here by Wednesday.

Frame is silver metallic with the swingarm, front hub, and engine being a gun metal color. I gussested subframe, left side footpeg area, and bottom of frame where cradle and footpeg meet. Also welded 3/16 straps along the bottom of cradle so the cradle tubes won't get beat up even if the aluminum skidplate doesn't do the job. This is because this will be a rider and will get beat on, not a garage queen.

Trying to upload from my phone so bear with me. Also tips to upload will be appreciated.

BleedRed
06-02-2013, 09:09 PM

Here are some photos.

BleedRed
06-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Well I got it into roller form! I think I have more time invested running to the hardware store for misc. stainless bolts that didn't come in the polished kit. Very pleased on how it has turned out so far. Everything is anti-seized so if someone has to pull it apart it will come apart. Notice I said someone and not me171444171445171446171447171448171444171445171446 171447171448! Lol

Yamada
06-17-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm not fan of an all white 350x, but i would sure like to have one like yours.

BleedRed
06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
I know what you mean by being to much of one color no matter what color it is it's to much. I am going to make custom graphics to solve that problem. On the sides of the tank will be all black with some custom graphics over the top. Also will havery black number plate backgrounds on each side of the read senders to break it up a bit. Won't be to much on the tank besides the all black sides and some tasteful honda decals....simple yet tasteful.

ScreaminRed
06-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Nice! I just purchased my '85 this month. Its my first 350X. Keep the pics coming, i'd love to see the finished product. I may
restore mine on down the line, but i plan on gettin' some riding in first.

BleedRed
09-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Well here it is about 98% complete. Just have to have a stainless midpipe made to connect the 400ex headpipe to a 450r silencer.

A basic part rundown

ALL stainless hardware except the few obvious swinger bolt, and footage bolts other then that EVERY single nut and bolt is stainless.

Dupont Imron silver metallic paint for frame, subframe gusseted along with footpeg area.

Polished triples, forks, and engine side covers.

Xowner 10 front and 9" Douglas beadlocks out back with sedona bazooka 21 on front and 18's out back. The only 18 tires I liked with me being able to run 9 inch wheels.

Durable +4

All new bearings and seals.

Stainless brake lines and new pads and they both actually work! Lol

Have some moose ltz400 propeg nerfs I plan to add after the exhaust is done, they would just be in the way.

For some reasons it says upload disabled. I'm not sure why, can some offer me some incite? Lol

Dirtcrasher
09-22-2013, 08:00 PM
I like the white. IDK if you are like me; But it is performance 1st and cosmetics second...............

I like to take laps on my track and go on harsh rides. I tear them down 1x a year to grease it all up and all the other maintenance gets done when required.

Looking great, enjoy it!!

BleedRed
09-22-2013, 08:28 PM
I disassembled the top end to check things over since I had it apart. Everything looked great cam journals valve seats and everything so I honed it put fresh rings on the weisco along with new valve seals and buttoned it all back up. New gaskets on everything and also put new kicker, shifter, countershaft seals on an new orings on the valve covers, oil lines, timing plugs, and oil filter cover. I do not want to see any oil seepage lol. I hav a 400ex carb but I am going to wait to put that on and dial it in AFTER I get the rings seated and broke in.

BleedRed
09-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Got one so far lol.

Dirtcrasher
09-22-2013, 10:56 PM
As long as both mating surfaces are flat and without gouges, 3 bond/yamabond/hondabond always work super.

Look at the manual for small places you must skip for oil delivery.

BleedRed
09-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes there were a few oil passages next to the cam you dont seal when you put the rocker box on.