PDA

View Full Version : New additions to the pack..scored 3 great trikes today.

dougspcs
05-25-2013, 09:04 PM
I found some new additions to the group today..seems CL is not all dried up as I thought.

Found a seller with a bunch of machines that had been sitting in storage for a long time..condition of all three of them is excellent.

Batteries, fresh oil, tank flush and carb cleaning..they will all be awesome. But the 250ES also needs tires..OEM but dry rot has attacked them.

All three for $1800 is a score in my mind..

tripledog
05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
I would be willing to bet you won't be able to sleep tonight without doing a bit of tinkering first... a very good score, indeed!

atc007
05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
You stealing,thieving sob.... LOL. Awesome pull my friend. That 125 is AMAZING !!! AWESOME. One for the good guys !

Dirtcrasher
05-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Good find bro. Nice unmolested machines!

Well worth that price!

jeswinehart
05-25-2013, 09:26 PM
600 each bundled !!! Mighty good find indeed ~ ROK on :)

dougspcs
05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I would be willing to bet you won't be able to sleep tonight without doing a bit of tinkering first... a very good score, indeed!

Sadly, no..but I would have loved to start tinkering today. But I had to leave town about a hour after I got home from picking them up..my grandmother's 90th celebration took me out of town so there they sit..

Kind of excited to get home and start picking away at them..

You stealing,thieving sob.... LOL. Awesome pull my friend. That 125 is AMAZING !!! AWESOME. One for the good guys !

Yeah that one is kind of the cream on the top..I only went for the SX and ES. But the guy was so eager to part with them..I swiped the 125m for another $250. So three is the charm..glad I took a bit of extra cash!

Buck Snort
05-25-2013, 09:46 PM
HOLY! In Canada too. Awesome deal. You had no choice but to buy those machines.

dougspcs
05-25-2013, 09:51 PM
HOLY! In Canada too. Awesome deal. You had no choice but to buy those machines.

Oh no..they came from Michigan. I live on and routinely jump the border when a nice one shows up on Craigslist..trike rescue is kind of a hobby!

Buck Snort
05-25-2013, 10:05 PM
I have been thinking about crossing the border and looking for a few machines. More selection and generally better prices I think. I have about 5hrs of driving to get to the border though.

tripledog
05-25-2013, 10:16 PM
The trikes will be there when you return from your Grandmother's party. Family IS priority. Love them as much as possible while you still have them. I suppose the same can be said about toys, but you can't buy another family (I've tried, LOL). Blessings and best wishes to your Grandmother!!!

ditchmud
05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
$1800 for three? I thought I did good today but you trumped me!! Lol

honda4h
05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
i have been border shopping also but the guys in the new York area beat me to it every time. and i'm 35 min away

82 250r
05-25-2013, 11:50 PM
You're an 250sx hog LOL...AWESOME score!

59GMC
05-26-2013, 12:38 AM
So how exactly do you go about importing 3 wheelers into Canada? some say its no problem, or not possible, or yes but you have to take them apart 1st. Just curious.

Worden18
05-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Wow Doug, congrats on such an awesome pickup! Totally envious at this moment....:)

dougspcs
05-26-2013, 08:05 AM
$1800 for three? I thought I did good today but you trumped me!! Lol

Yeah but they aren't ride ready due to their extended sleep..all the gas is sour and batteries are toast, plus ES tires to replace.

So don't feel trumped, I still have more to spend!

dougspcs
05-26-2013, 08:11 AM
So how exactly do you go about importing 3 wheelers into Canada? some say its no problem, or not possible, or yes but you have to take them apart 1st. Just curious.

Actually the import process is easy..

1/ Title from seller. (Some US states didn't title ATVs back then..you need to know before)
2/ Proper bill of sale from seller ( date, description of vehicle, year&VIN, amount, buyer & seller information and signatures.
3/ At Canada customs you file an import declaration and RIV form.
4/ Pay some taxes.

If you have any specific questions just PM me..

ditchmud
05-26-2013, 08:15 AM
I paid $1600 for my pair. The big red needs nothing. The sx has a corner of the rear fender missing. It could use some tires and it needs fresh gas and the carb cleaned. I also had to put a battery in it, but we took them out for a little night cruise last night and they both ride sweet. The sx doesn't idle well and needs a little choke to run good. So I will clean the carb and add fresh gas, that should solve those issues.

dougspcs
05-26-2013, 08:49 AM
I paid $1600 for my pair. The big red needs nothing. The sx has a corner of the rear fender missing. It could use some tires and it needs fresh gas and the carb cleaned. I also had to put a battery in it, but we took them out for a little night cruise last night and they both ride sweet. The sx doesn't idle well and needs a little choke to run good. So I will clean the carb and add fresh gas, that should solve those issues.

My brother just paid $1500 for his BR..I think you scored!!

Kintore
05-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Well done!!! All my machines have come from the states with the exception of one. The pricing is so much different its unreal!

The amount 350x's go for, I think someone could make a living at hawking them. Seems a tree fiddy goes for 2600+ easily around here.

Glad im not the only person bringing trikes into Canada, its well worth the drive!

dougspcs
05-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Well done!!! All my machines have come from the states with the exception of one. The pricing is so much different its unreal!

The amount 350x's go for, I think someone could make a living at hawking them. Seems a tree fiddy goes for 2600+ easily around here.

Glad im not the only person bringing trikes into Canada, its well worth the drive!

I've kinda lost count but I'd say my total to date over the last 3 years is near 25-30..

But it is changing..the prices in the states are on the rise. As their economic stress drops and the popularity of the trike has increased..I have to look harder and drive faster and farther to find the real deals now a day!

One of the new members is riding a 350x I sold him that I found 2 years ago and paid a bit over $1000 for..now if you see a Michigan 350x for less than $1500-1800 and the condition is good you need to be really fast!

Part luck, part diligence..pays to have both going for you.

BeersBuds&Mud
05-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Doug, did u pick those up in marine city? I called the guy yesterday, and asked about the ES. He said they were already sold, i knew it was you lol!! You should have pm me I only live 10mins away! we could have went for a little ride around the island!!!
Great score buddy :beer

dougspcs
05-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Doug, did u pick those up in marine city? I called the guy yesterday, and asked about the ES. He said they were already sold, i knew it was you lol!! You should have pm me I only live 10mins away! we could have went for a little ride around the island!!!
Great score buddy :beer

The very same!!

I thought of calling on you, but I had to get back home, pack and leave.

4 hour drive to attend my Grandmother's 90th.

Time wasn't on my side, but at least I got the trikes!!

BeersBuds&Mud
05-26-2013, 01:25 PM
The very same!!

I thought of calling on you, but I had to get back home, pack and leave.

4 hour drive to attend my Grandmother's 90th.

Time wasn't on my side, but at least I got the trikes!!

Hell ya!! Maybe next time!!

dougspcs
05-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Hell ya!! Maybe next time!!

For sure brother!!

zepol
05-27-2013, 01:21 AM
////niceeee

dougspcs
05-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Wow the most i ever paid for a atc was 300.. I paid 100 for a mint 200s. 160 for a 110 honda, 200 for a tecate with dg exhaust and westcoast swingarm, and 300 for a 200x that had a chromed out engine and pipe

If someone says they got a CRAZY deal on one trike..I might believe it with cautious trust. But for someone to say they got 4 at prices so low it defies reason.

Something smells bad!

No one would sell legit machines for that price..be careful, you might get your fingers burned!!

Jason125m
05-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Nice trikes Doug, Interested in selling the 125m?

You know how i love my M's.

dougspcs
05-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Nice trikes Doug, Interested in selling the 125m?

You know how i love my M's.

PM sent..let's talk Jason.

dougspcs
05-28-2013, 03:26 PM
I got all the machines offloaded from the trailer and into the shop..they all check out as expected.

The 1st one got a going over (125M)..

New air filter, plug, oil, tank and carb flush..now it's perfect. I expect the same of the other 2..

Ghostv2
05-28-2013, 03:43 PM
How do some you manage to be so lucky and get such good deals? My god...

kb0nly
05-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Damn Doug... That 125M is a purdy little trike!! Looks like its all complete, trunk lid intact, fenders look good... Just WOW....

There was a really nice (by his description) 125M down here about 30 miles from me that showed up in a local classifieds, i called and went to look at it, he wouldn't budge on price and i just had to walk. $300 for a busted up parts machine.. Eh no thanks... LOL

dougspcs
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
How do some you manage to be so lucky and get such good deals? My god...

I keep a constant vigil on CL..there are a lot of decent straight up sellers on there if you can get past all the wieners!!

A small stash of cash sitting in the safe, my trailer empty and ready to hook up, and a magnetic 'Closed' sign ready to stick on the shop door..

They are still out there..you just gotta be quicker now than a few years ago. With increased popularity comes a smaller window of opportunity!

Damn Doug... That 125M is a purdy little trike!! Looks like its all complete, trunk lid intact, fenders look good... Just WOW....

There was a really nice (by his description) 125M down here about 30 miles from me that showed up in a local classifieds, i called and went to look at it, he wouldn't budge on price and i just had to walk. $300 for a busted up parts machine.. Eh no thanks... LOL

Yeah, she is nice..almost too bad there isn't a place in my pack for it. But it'll find a good home..same with the 250SX. But if I play my cards right the money I make on the 125m and the 250SX will cover the costs of the buy and transportation..

That means I have a FREE 250ES..and lord knows you can't own too many of those! Wife can't complain about ANOTHER trike if it didn't actually cost anything now can she? :w00t:

kb0nly
05-28-2013, 07:25 PM
LOL... No she sure can't!

I'll give ya a case of beer to haul that 125M down to me... LOL.. Ok two cases, final offer...

I bet you will sell that in no time considering its condition. I have been trying to find a 110/125 for my oldest son, i was going to get him on a little 70 but that sale fell through. More 110's around me than i could ever finance, i see five of them today for sale online within 100 miles. Just don't want a basket case that takes me all summer to get in running condition, i spend enough time working on other peoples stuff!

zepol
05-29-2013, 03:26 AM
If someone says they got a CRAZY deal on one trike..I might believe it with cautious trust. But for someone to say they got 4 at prices so low it defies reason.

Something smells bad!

No one would sell legit machines for that price..be careful, you might get your fingers burned!!

yeah i should

dougspcs
05-29-2013, 06:53 AM
because the chromed out 200x and tecate with westcoast and full dg exhaust were not advertised no where. All those trikes i got for crazy cheap were either in someones abandoned backyard or farm... i hope I dont get my fingers burned!! If I do no problem i got a bill of sale for all my trikes with a copy of each of the previous owners driver license... but yea i think the bestdeal ever was the tecate with dg and westcoast swingarm.. i picked it up for only 200.. it was steal if you ask me.. and it was sitting next to a pretty much like new 250r.. Am planning on going back next week with $250 in all 5's and 10's and slap that lady around with it see if she will budge.. am pretty sure she will as she almost took 400 for the pair last time.. it was her husbands trikes and he past away some time ago

Well at least your claim of events sounds plausible, like abominable snowman rare, but plausible..but just 2 things.

1st, if I was every so luck as you find a naive widow lady with a garage full of her dead husbands trikes she was willing to part with for pennys on the pound, I wouldn't leave until every single one was mine. Because you will never, EVER find such a scenario again..

2nd, until we see pics this is all just a glorious science fiction story that I can't put down..!!

dougspcs
05-29-2013, 07:56 AM
I'll give ya a case of beer to haul that 125M down to me... LOL.. Ok two cases, final offer...

If nothing else shows up, I'll keep you in mind!! Minnesota in May is a nice drive!

dougspcs
05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Got started on the SX today..still needs a thorough cleaning, but here it is off the trailer to get a better look at. Only flaws are a minor crack on the front fender and headlamp housing..

...next the 250ES.

MojaveRider
05-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Looks great!

dougspcs
06-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Looks great!

Thanks, Chad..a member of 10 years and so few posts. Obviously a man of few words..I feel privledged. Thanks..

Well the 3rd and final machine after clean up..I had to install some 22" tires on it to roll it around because I haven't gotta around to swapping my 25" tires from some Yamaha rims I have, but in the mean time it's showing what it's made of.

So a bit of a gamble on these three trikes..none was running due to old gas in them. But I took them on faith because the seller seemed a good sort of guy and the condition all was really nice, just a bit dirty.

Anyway a bit of time to clean up, some fresh gas and oil and batteries..my faith paid off in spades I think!!

Definitely a once in a blue moon deal, I wish I could keep them all..but I did promise my wife these were bought just to resell. We have a big family RV trip in a month and the profit is helping pay for it..

Hopefully they will end up in some member hands and good new homes!!

ps2fixer
06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Man you Canada collectors keep grabbing the Michigan Trikes lol! There is quite a lot of them here yet, kind of shocked.

Anyway, nice pickup! Bare min, the big red + sx will cover your costs and the 125m would be pure profit.

dougspcs
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Well the 250SX left last night to a local guy..

The 125M is officially sold and paid for and awaiting pickup by a shipping company. A very determined guy from Vancouver really wanted it badly and spent the better part of 2 days arranging it's transport..

So I am officially 'free and clear' on this purchase and still have a really clean 250ES..it does need a carb replacement which I will likely call on FlyingW for and some tires swapped from a parts 200E I have in the shed.

Then it will be awesome and I'll have to decide if it stays or goes..

But we gotta keep it quiet, my wife already thinks it's going!! :naughty:

The gods were smiling when I got these three..back on the CL prowl!

kb0nly
06-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Nice job on those, good deal all around.

One question, if the 125M isn't down the road yet... What kind of tires were on that? I was looking at the last picture you posted and i really like the look of those on the 125M. I could find a few online that were similar in tread pattern but not exactly the same..

And hey you can't beat a free 250ES... Now leave some for the rest of us.. LOL

dougspcs
06-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Nice job on those, good deal all around.

One question, if the 125M isn't down the road yet... What kind of tires were on that? I was looking at the last picture you posted and i really like the look of those on the 125M. I could find a few online that were similar in tread pattern but not exactly the same..

And hey you can't beat a free 250ES... Now leave some for the rest of us.. LOL

The tires are ProAm H-Trak II, OEM as far as I know..

No worries about me swiping trikes in your area..too far for me. Now ATC007 (mr Jupiter) has a much broader range..his gravity extends for many states in every direction.

kb0nly
06-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Huh... First 125M i have seen with those tires on them, not to say they aren't OEM, probably just all the ones down here have been worn out and replaced by the time i see them.

Some of the guys on here seem to be a trike magnet, every one within hundreds of miles just automatically gets sucked into their garage. LOL

I have been looking for three months now for another one to add to the family.