PDA

View Full Version : One problem after another:(

ColtonGG33
05-25-2013, 05:31 PM
I don't know why, but everytime I take my dx for a ride something bad happens:( just took it for a quick ride to show my dad, and I looked down at the rim and it cracking the whole way around. Just before this, my hubs went out, bought a pair off of (mrsound) thanks again by the way! I haven't had any more problems with the hubs after I got the new ones! But before the hub problem my swingarm bearings went out and are shot, so I still have to get a swingarm rebuild kit for it. So that's my fun weekend lol. Hopefully their will be no more problems.

sp8twn
05-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Time for a HONDA Colton!!!:beer

DasUberKraut
05-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Unless completely rebuilt from the frame up. Any 30 year old machine will nickel and dime you to death.

threewheelin-feelin
05-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Unless completely rebuilt from the frame up. Any 30 year old machine will nickel and dime you to death.

i was about to say the same thing. however the hondas are with out a doubt the must durable, reliable and cheapest to fix

toki
05-25-2013, 07:25 PM
cheapest to fix... tell my 250r that! what a money pit lol

not saying that isnt true tho. im having problems finding parts for my yamaha :(. my 250r on the other hand... having trouble telling the wife i bought more parts!

DasUberKraut
05-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Honda has proven themselves over and over again no matter what the product is. That's for damn sure! They are the epitome of durability.

Toki - What she doesn't know. Won't hurt her. Lol.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-25-2013, 09:49 PM

not saying that isnt true tho. im having problems finding parts for my yamaha :(. my 250r on the other hand... having trouble telling the wife i bought more parts!

Same boat here!! But also having trouble telling her when I NEED parts now too.. I have been buying ALOT of stuff since about January.. She's getting a little sick of it.. LOL!

ColtonGG33
05-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Lol, I love Hondas too, but not many Hondas have rear mono shock suspension, and that's one thing I really wanted, I did t have the money to afford a 200x,250r, or 350x so I found this yamaha, the guy I bought it off of didn't know anything about it, he didn't even know if it had a rear shock lol. But I got a job that I'm gonna start in a couple weeks and the plan is to buy a nice 250r! Maybe 350x if the price isn't out of this world. Hondas Are all I rode btw my brother had a fortrax 250 when I was like 10 and that's what I started riding, then I bought an old 79 Honda twinstar and made it for off road only. But I've had alot of problems with my Honda too. But I agree anything 20+ years is gonna be needing work no matter what.

Howdy
05-26-2013, 12:10 AM

What Yamaha parts you need?
Howdy

ColtonGG33
05-26-2013, 12:16 AM
What Yamaha parts you need?
Howdy mainly for now, I need a swingarm rebuild kit. Ill worry about the rim another time:) ill probaly just buy yamaha blaster rims and hubs, even tho I would hate to waists those hubs I just got

briano
05-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Hey, but at least you painted it before you got all of the bugs worked out of it. By the time you get everything fixed all of the paint will be falling off too.

ColtonGG33
05-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey, but at least you painted it before you got all of the bugs worked out of it. By the time you get everything fixed all of the paint will be falling off too. lol it already is chipping, I just did a quick spray paint job in it because it looked realy bad. But my brother got a good spray gun and air compressor so, if I still like my trike after everything :) ill paint it good