PDA

View Full Version : Muffler for 85 Tecate?

Frankencelery
05-22-2013, 07:11 PM
I just found out that what I have is was jury-rigged together with some scraps of metal and a piece of rubber hose. Naturally, the exhaust burned through. The pipe looks ok overall, but at the end it looks like maybe someone welded a piece on at an angle. I don't think it's stock. The muffler I'd like to replace, but I haven't been able to find anything.

What's available out there? I'd like to stay relatively quiet, as this thing has more than enough power for me, and I'd like to avoid irritating my neighbors.

christph
05-22-2013, 07:21 PM
DG makes a silencer but they were out of stock earlier this spring. I called them at the time and they said they would have some in a few months. It has been a few months so I would give them a call.

just ben
05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
I have a stocker,85.00 shipped.

Frankencelery
05-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Definitely interested....in what condition? If you've got a pic, that would be great too!

Frankencelery
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
DG makes a silencer but they were out of stock earlier this spring. I called them at the time and they said they would have some in a few months. It has been a few months so I would give them a call.

I just checked with DG and they do have them in stock. They've got 2. Price is $104.95 I've done some reading and many people say that the DG is definitely louder than stock, so I'm going to explore the stock route first. Oh, and I also learned that on 2-strokes you call it a silencer! Why the heck is that anyway?