PDA

View Full Version : Duro HF244 Desert/ X-Country... Opinions? Anyone own them?

kb0nly
05-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Helping a fellow triker decide on some new tires for his 200ES, 25x12-9 size, came across these. They look nice, he won't be doing anything more than utility use, pulling around a yard trailer, driving on gravel and pavement, maybe hard packed trail near his home. No mud or or extremes. I think they would be ok for his use but i can't find much for a review on them here, a few mentions of them and thats about it.

We have a farm supply store nearby that sells Duro brand tires and they stock these so its a local available option to check into.

Chime in if you know anything about em!

brd812
05-13-2013, 06:01 AM
They look like the old gateway buckshot mudders . They didn't live up to the billing in the 80's why start now. I've used duro products before with very little issue, I've had decent success with there trailer tires. I would agree with you on the application that they are going to be used they will be fine. The only down side to that pattern is mud running, they load up and they are slicks.

90guy
05-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Like stated above for your application above they'll work just find but mudding is a nightmare with those tires. I had a set of the identical buckshot mudders. Really horrible in mud and snow they just fill up and don't eject mud.

oldskool83
05-13-2013, 08:26 AM
looks like garden tracktor tires. i wouldnt even buy them. you know you will find mud, we all do.

kb0nly
05-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Hmm, i would be more worried about him getting into snow then mud, if he got it into mud he would be running for the power washer... No joke, he likes his stuff clean and nice. But in the winter time he would use it a lot to run down to the mailbox and back and if they suck in the snow then no good.

I got a cheapo set of trail pros, i know everyone hates them, but they do good in the snow plowing and otherwise the rest of the year treat me well, but i'm trying to steer him to something available locally so this project can get done. They have the Duro knobby tires as well, maybe i will suggest them, they are at least a decent all around tire as well. I think he will end up with a knobby on the front anyway. All three tires are cracked to the point of not holding air from sitting.