PDA

View Full Version : Tri z finishing touches any suggestions bars & levers

ktmcrasher
05-10-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm looking to get some nice new bars and levers for the z & I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm after a set of black bars. I know a lot of people talk about pro tapers but what bend? I'm after a similar feel to stock.

Regarding the clutch and brake I'm after a full new setup not just levers. So I want to know what you guys think? I'd like an all black set up if possible & I'd like them to look modern in design

Jeepermc
05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Pro tapers and ASV set up for the levers. They make a cool clutch perch, not sure if they make a master but you can pick up just about any common master off a new quad and get an ASV lever for it. No idea on the pro taper bend for the Tri-Z tho. I just bought a set of Pro- tapers for my Tecate that are a medium rise ATV bar but have enough width to span the wide triples on the tecate. haven't arrived yet or i'd post pics.

zzmegad
05-10-2013, 06:25 PM
these are a yz bend, there is so many damn bends it can be a headache. the msr clutch perch and lever was like 20 bux and it looks great. The master I used was off of a 07 yz450 or something which was also 20 bux on ebay. One day I will get ASV's. I have the original pro tapers (1-1/8) on one of my bikes, but for the alum bars I just like renthals, no reason really, just what I've always used...

also I used a cheap motion pro twister which looks and works great although it's not a perfect fit with that master cylinder ( kinda sits above it a little crooked)

http://home.comcast.net/~zzmegad/bars.jpg

volfan537240
05-10-2013, 07:39 PM
im looking for a set of bars that is as close to the stock tri-z bend as possible too

tri-Z ripper
05-11-2013, 07:32 PM
i run the pro taper seven eights Atv high bend works for me.
I also have about 5 different bars for my tri-z, my favorite being my old skool answer racing bars.

volfan537240
05-11-2013, 08:39 PM
i run the pro taper seven eights Atv high bend works for me.
I also have about 5 different bars for my tri-z, my favorite being my old skool answer racing bars.

Which is closest to stock?

ktmcrasher
05-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Pro taper Windham/RM mid's I went with for the bars, should have them on this weekend and will report back. No levers yet I was pricing up a asv clutch perch/lever and brake lever costing around £100 but I don't have that sort of cash at the mo

slaughter
05-22-2013, 07:12 PM
i have a set of asv's from a yfz 450(love the look and feel) on some old saggy bars but thinking about picking up a set of renthal high cr bars
my brother has a set on his 250R and they feel nice