PDA

View Full Version : New pickup 1984 ATC 125M

ps2fixer
05-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Looked great in the photos on Craigslist, and later found out it wasn't quite so nice but I still got it. The shift lever system is broken, not a real big deal, I'm thinking one from an ATC110 engine should fit. The sad part of it is that the engine is almost completely torn down... really don't understand people sometimes.

I haven't checked the cylinder/head yet (still loosely bolted on the engine), but hoping just a quick hone and clean up should be fine, the seller said it started right up and ran really well up until it stopped shifting.

Same guy has an 83 250R (or XR?) Motorcycle that he had chain damage on and hasn't touched it for about 6 months because he couldn't get it to run afterwards. He took it to a motor cycle shop and they said it had no compression from the oil leaking out... I did a real quick check on it and everything looked good besides the chain damage. Oil was pretty nasty but full, and the spark plug was black so it has been running rich, so I hold it wide open while kicking it and it fired up about the 5th kick. Saved me $25 on the 3 wheeler :). It didn't leak any oil out except a few drops after a few mins of running it so I'm thinking the gasket or a seal went bad in that area from the chain damage. I advised him to replace the broken case part and fix it right.

Kind of an odd day, but my little sister should have some fun with the 125 once I get it back together and running good. I'll get photos when I can get a chance, need some sleep for tonight's work :(.

I probably could use some photos of the clutch side for how it goes together, I have an older ATC110 with a similar setup, are they the same? I have to take the atc110 apart to throw in my web store, so I could put the other one together at the same time if they are the same lol.