PDA

View Full Version : new project time

newfiebullet
05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
just picked out a 87 ( appearently) dr 225 yamaha. :D ...got it for 220$, and shes not pretty, buddy assured me she ran run and had just jumped timing... so i bought it and ended up gettin a spare set of tires and rims ( mudlights 60%) to go along. i thought well i can always try and get the motor in the 200e :) lol. so i got her on timing....off a good bit and after much f***ing around i have her going and idleing....turns out it has a dg muffler as well but the headpipe is toast....so i take it for a spin and get to second and am impressed. then i hear a wierd sound from the rearend....pull apart and the shaft inside the swing arm has tons of play and the bearing is shot. so im after a complete tear down tomorrow of the rearend and see if its salvageable....will the rearend from the 200e fit?...anyway only have a couple pics so far.

Brockey
05-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Nice price. Was watching this one. She has been around but worth a saving indeed

newfiebullet
05-03-2013, 09:08 AM
rearend is rough, gears are ok at best but every bearing feel out, nothing left

newfiebullet
05-03-2013, 04:54 PM
man i am pissed so bad, swapped the axle and rearend out of the 200 and spent the day doing a few other things....finally get to go for a ride and the damn timing chain busts:mad::mad:..., pull the cover off and sure enough a link ripped right apart, and also notice the cam bearing is shot...i knew the chain was on its last legs, the adjuster is in pretty far but i didnt think it was that close.i dont know if i should just rebuild the 200e again and use that and rebuild the 225 over the summer in my spare time or see if the cam and timing chain are interchangeable and pull them, but then i have the 200 apart and no rideable bike....any info on interchangeability would be greatly appreciated.

newfiebullet
05-07-2013, 07:47 PM
rearend bearing kit and new timing chain in the mail :)