PDA

View Full Version : diffrences between the 83 250r and 84 r rear suspention

ratvespa
04-24-2013, 10:54 AM
right now Im piecing together a 83-84 250r. was going to bolt on the 83 rear swingarm set up since it was more together, but looking at the 84 Im seeing a bunch of differences in the linkage setup. the lower link seems to be different, as well as the swing arm slightly, the tab for the link thats all the way in the back is slightly different, as well as the link that bolts to it. will I notice a huge difference in the 84 vs the 83 suspension? I would like to use the 84, but I have a little worry that the swing arm I have might be bent, I have to measure it. is there a combo of 83-84 parts that work well together or should I stick with one year? I gotta press my new bearings into one of the swingarms this week, so I want to make sure I use the better version of the 2.

Im guessing the 84 set up is better, would just like to know how big of difference the 2 are, and if it's even noticeable.

atc007
04-24-2013, 11:28 AM
As you pointed out,they are very different. You won't notice a huge difference. Whatevers easier to throw it together,do it lol.

atc300r
04-24-2013, 12:04 PM
The 84 swingarm and suspension is better .I switched my 83 over to 84 and its a nite and day difference.I had to use the whole 84 rear from the pivot bolt back.The parts dont innerchange without alot of hassel.The 84 lower shock,linkage and dogbone all bolt together with one long bolt .And the upper shock mount is different location from 83 to 84.