PDA

View Full Version : 1985-86 250R rear sprocket hub

Dave8338
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Working on a project and am looking for a good 250R sprocket hub. The one I have will work for the time being however, the bearings were neglected by a PO and the machined seal collar on the hub has seen better days. Need one that is straight and not all gouged up.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Dave

Mosh
04-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Working on a project and am looking for a good 250R sprocket hub. The one I have will work for the time being however, the bearings were neglected by a PO and the machined seal collar on the hub has seen better days. Need one that is straight and not all gouged up.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Dave
Hello Dave. If you are running a OEM axle, then finding a sprocket hub will be almost impossible. Most OEM hubs pressed on at the factory, generally will not come off the OEM axle. Not saying it is impossible, but very rare at best. More than likely, you will need a replacement axle, or maybe have someone machine you a brass collar to press on where the old one would be removed. If the axle is aftermarket, generally the sprocket hub can be serviced, but are model/brand specific.

Also there were differences in the 85-86 sprocket hubs. So you need to know what year you have, if indeed you can find a replacement hub for your OEM axle.

Dave8338
04-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Mosh. Time to get funky with it. Been there and done that countless times in the past. Tammy will have plenty of time if this stuff keeps up. :lol:

Does look as though I'll make my deadline next week, however...

Thanks again

Dave