PDA

View Full Version : All Traks

350Kris
12-17-2003, 01:21 AM
How well do they slide? Is there too much side bite? I'm thinking of some for my 350x. I am riding mostly in the desert now (dirt and sand mix, El Paso). Thanks.

350XXX
12-17-2003, 01:27 AM
PM ScottZJ. he has a set on his 350x now. he really likes them, but said they have a lot of bite as a trail tire, but he rides in TN.

ScottZJ
12-17-2003, 08:29 AM
Well I rode out at Camp Claborne in LA. Its a mix of hard packed rutted trails to sand burns in the turns. These tires seem to really grip nicely on the rutter area and they slide good in the turns. I think they are the best all around tires I have owned on an ATV. Now mind you, we dont have tons of sand around here, but the places I have ridden with sand, they do great.......peace

TimSr
12-17-2003, 11:26 AM
They are an awesome all around tire for everything EXCEPT powersliding. They are horrible on an MX track for that reason. However if the ground is loose and sandy, you shouldnt have a problem. I love them, run them everywhere except the track, then I switch to Turf Tamers. If better powersliding is exteremely important to you, Id suggest a flat profile tire, such as Holeshots or Razrs or something similar. Turf Tamers arent particularly tough when its comes to rocky desert, and are more for hard pack. Keep in mind, youll be sacrificing a lot of forward traction the All Trax offer.

350Kris
12-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the replies. Tim, I'm not a big slider....I like to let it loose in the turns ever once and again, but that's all. The All Traks don't come in 20" size do they?....I may have to go with Vipers if I want a 20 incher.

TimSr
12-17-2003, 12:38 PM
I dont believe they are available in a 20". I think youd be happy with the 22's though. The Ill admit Im biased agianst the Vipers because of my brothers experiences with them on his Banshee. They do privide good traction, but have a lot more sidewall flex which makes them poorer sliders in my opinion, and not as durable under rocky conditions. Im sure others may not agree.

Wickedfinger
12-18-2003, 02:51 AM
... ya Tim, the Viper is nothing more than a balloon tire with oversized lugs.

SoCalDesertRider
12-18-2003, 07:50 PM
I ride in the southern California desert, which is probably alot like your El Paso desert and I run All Traks on the 250R. They're great! Real tuff tire, excellent traction, even does good in blow sand, surprisingly. Great for rocky terrain too. They slide ok on hard pack. One thing to be aware of, they are HEAVY and because of the 22" size, you will want to drop a tooth on the front sprocket. The 22" size does help some with ground clearance in rocky terrain. You can get a good price on them at http://www.rockymountainatv.com and thier shipping prices are very fair too.