PDA

View Full Version : Removing tri-z clutch basket

Tri-Z Pilot
12-17-2003, 12:35 AM
Does anyone know what size metric socket (or standard, would hate to us one though) it takes to remove the clutch basket?

trizee250
12-17-2003, 02:42 PM
HAMMER AND CHISEL SIZE............. :D :D :D :D :D

Tri-Z Pilot
12-17-2003, 08:45 PM
No, I want to know the socket size, I have a pneumatic tool set now, and I am dying to use my impact wrench.

trizee250
12-18-2003, 10:47 AM
heres an idea.... :idea: ....what about trying a few sockets on the nut until you find one that fits.if it's a nice snug fit with no movement then that will be the right sized socket for the job......your socket set may be in a case of some description you will have to open the case to gain access to the sockets inside...unless you have sockets clipped onto a bar then you will have to pull them off...i'm not sure how much force you may need to apply to either open the box or pull the sockets from the bar..but i'm sure you can manage........yes i'm feeling somewhat sarcastic today as i'm on holiday for 2 weeks now...time to forget about christmas and focus on rebuilding my tri-z........HO.......HO........HO...................B AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HUMBUG....... :?

Jeb
12-18-2003, 11:53 AM
heres an idea.... :idea: ....what about trying a few sockets on the nut until you find one that fits...

Bravo! A novel approach! :D Much faster than waiting 2 days for message board answer when most people probable do just that and don't know the size. :D

Tri-Z Pilot
12-18-2003, 07:48 PM
The problem is, I dont have metric sockets that are that big, and I have tried all my standard sockets, I just want to know the size, so I can go out and buy just one socket for now, not the set. Come on guys give me a little credit, dont you think if I was a half decent mechanic, that I would have tried that by now?

trizee250
12-19-2003, 09:01 AM
try a 28mm......... :shock: .it might just work 8)