PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Picking

Marty
04-10-2013, 02:21 AM
Some things will never surprise me but some people and what they own really get my attention.
Yesterday I had a gentleman call me and ask me if I am interested in trx or atc parts. I introduced myself and gentleman invited me to his home, well after talking for a few minutes guy decides to give me a tour of his bikes and parts. First this man is 60 years old is a former desert racer and still currently has both his racers, second this guy is super talented he fabbed most of his parts for his trx in his garage with no major tools. Guy has not ridden his bike for over 16 years and bikes just sit under patio with a ton of dirt on both.
Now we go back up front and he shows me his inventory everything in OEM boxes cylinders, heads, pistons, swing arms, seats, it is endless and of course I have money but I ask him is anything for sale, he replies no. We then talked in his home and asks me about my life and my bikes, and where I ride, and all that good stuff. Well it turns out that this is a good guy and I guess he just needed to speak to another passionate 250R rider, collector or whatever. But while I was leaving his home last night I asked him why don't you get your racers put back together again that would be a fun project to do since you just retired? Turn out he tells me he may do so but does not seem to enthused about project so i think, but then asks me are you interested in my stuff I will keep your number and call you if I change my mind. I replied to him " i am always interested in 250R bikes but I would prefer to see you rebuild your bikes again and when you are done invite me over to see what they look like" and if you need my help please call me and I will show up to help and learn how you do what you do.
Rick I hope you get those bikes to the condition they were in when you were racing them 16 years ago.