PDA

View Full Version : I Killed A Honda

hondajas
12-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Everybody always says: you can't kill a Honda! They never die! so on and so fourth. Well I was riding my big red 250 on a gravel road, about 15 mph and all of a sudden, bang! it coasted to a stop. :evil: Took apart the motor, what happened? Valve dropped, blew piston, camshaft, crankshaft, other valve, rockers, the entire head. There was absolutely no oil getting into the motor, maybe just a bit. Well it's parked now, no worth fixing, so I'm gonna have to buy another Big Red! (This time a mint condition one, though, don't want anything else blowing up ;) )

Kilborg
12-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Why listen to everyone? Everyone, as a whole, is retarded. Don't listen to the majority. Only go by what you know, and your experience.

Honda's indestructable? What a joke...I have ran Honda for the past 15 years...While they do hold a certain degree of reliability over some of the other makes, they are...BY FAR, not indestructable. Nowhere close. I tend to break or damage something or another every time I go riding.

Bumb
12-16-2003, 04:51 PM
What year was it. And what are you gunna do with it

ATC crazy
12-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Any make/model can do as you described...its just that Honda's dont do it as often as others. My advice is to look for a new engine instead of a whole new trike...since yours is "mint"

Good luck

'86X
12-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Any make/model can do as you described...its just that Honda's dont do it as often as others. My advice is to look for a new engine instead of a whole new trike...since yours is "mint"

Good luck

Where did he say his was mint?? He said he wants to buy a mint one next time.

Bumb
12-16-2003, 05:04 PM
I wanted to know the year and what he was gunna do. Cuse if lets say it was a year that some one had and he was say parting it out. well some one could get a part.

jeswinehart
12-16-2003, 09:14 PM
kinda a silly thing to say if you ask me,,, nothing is maintence free.

nothing,,,

john

ATC crazy
12-16-2003, 09:18 PM

Good luck

Where did he say his was mint?? He said he wants to buy a mint one next time.

:oops: My bad...I thought he said his was mint. I guess I was reading too fast.

350x'inNY
12-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Ahhhh..... Grasshopper... Confusus say... view at signature... you find year of bike. ;)

You know... that bottom of the post where his says.....

:D

Sorry.... I just couldn't resist! heheheheheheh

Bruce

hondajas
12-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Yep, it's an '85. I wanna buy another Big Red 250, and keep this one for parts. Other then the motor, everything else works o.k, exept for front breaks. My blown up machine is far from mint, FAR, but i really want one! Never gonna let go of trikes, will definatly ride em forever. later, JasonJ

kwit
12-20-2003, 09:53 PM
lol trailprotrailpro damn right a honda is reliable.. lemme tell yea a story;

back in the day my buddy was the owner of the bigred that i bought off him which was a 1983 200e .. well he was riding his blaster and i was on his(at the time) bigred and he went thro a huge pond.. well i followd him right threw with no problems .. but thats not the big thing.. after 20 minutes of riding after word.. the trike started runnin hot and werid so we shut it down and brought it back to his house... opend up the side oil thing .. splash.. whole bunch of water pourd out of it.. water went thro the crank case hole and fill ed the oil with water.. so we epyted out the water and poured in sum fresh oil nad went out that night.. checkin the oil every ten minurte of course