PDA

View Full Version : Gaskets??

MPNX2
12-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Should I be using any type of gasket glue/sealer/maker on the gaskets while rebuliding the topend?? All the gaskets seem to be made of thin cardboard except for the head gasket which is metal. BTW this is for a 200X

TheOlderFox
12-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Personally I don't like gasket maker and I don't like seeing it. What I have found is gasket paper which I buy at my local auto parts store. I stamp and cut out my own gaskets. The metal head gasket you will want to buy though. Some companies will sell complete top end gasket sets for your machine which will come with the head gasket, base gasket and o-rings. I would check denniskirk.com or parkeryamaha.com for those. A complete set may only cost you 25 bucks and is cheaper then buying them individually.

MPNX2
12-16-2003, 01:30 PM
I have the whole Versah gasket set for the bike. I was just wondering if I should use something to adhere the gasket to the metal to prevent it from moving or if I should just use the gasket only..

JMiller
12-16-2003, 01:40 PM
I only use a little bit of sealer on the cylinder base gasket and everything else dry

MPNX2
12-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Ok I guess I will have to go and pick some up.. Thanks for the help