PDA

View Full Version : Missle flat track hubs

kiser
03-25-2013, 10:10 PM
I am curious if anybody would be interested in buying "Missle style" flat track hubs for the rear of honda bikes. They are like the hubs that the guys that race on concrete with coke syrup run for those of you that are not familiar. I bought one hub awhile back and I gave it to Flying Bryan to make a match to it so I have a pair. I also asked him to make the same style hubs with the newer style go cart wheel bolt pattern so that finding wheels wouldnt be such a pain. With these hubs we could start to make our own "Missle" kits. Im planning to lower my 350X. For the front Im going to use a Xowner 10in rim with a 18in flat track tire. My forks are lowered and I can still slide them up in the tripples to lower it more. With these few things I have a decent start to a "Missle" kit. If there is any or enough interest Bryan said he could possibly make them with Yamaha Tri-Z bolt pattern. Let me know if you guys and gals think this would be a good idea and if you are interested. Thanks, Kiser.

oile
03-25-2013, 11:34 PM
I would be in for a set for a Tri z.

kiser
03-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Bryan said he is hoping to sell them for roughly $60 for a pair of rear hubs. This price may vary because he isnt sure what he will have to pay to get the ends lazer cut so they are true and dont wobble. I thought that was a fair price considering a set of regular wheel spacers are about the same money and these would be way cooler LOL! Ill keep you guys posted on any and all info. Thanks, Kiser.

Tri-Z 250
03-26-2013, 10:20 PM
It would be cool to have a few in the otc series to have the ablity to run the kits. We could as a group run them at say the Oval race in the IronMan Event...keeping an eye on this as well.

kiser
03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
That is a good idea Tri-Z! Hopefully the hubs pan out well. I cant wait to get mine done! It should corner like its on rails slammed down that far. Man I love flat track racing!

Tri-Z 250
03-26-2013, 10:55 PM
The keys to these kits is having someone to run against with a similar setup. The racers/events are already in action and just a few of us need the setup to make em' catch on. If enough line up on small tires at the gate it just might make a class full of it in the future. Yeah the indoor Concrete shootout is nice but just think a dirt Oval track that would swallow that indoor in it's infield 5th gear straits and Big sweeper corners.

Toaster556
03-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Will they be a single offset, or will there be different offsets available?

Jabcon
03-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I am interested in a set for my atc250r. Would they be of any benefit to run on a TRX?

kiser
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Toaster556, they will all be the same offset. You can still run a wheel spacer between your stock hub and this adaptor if you want. Atc300r, I agree its a fair price and like I said hopefully it is close to that. Its a ballpark price. Jabcon, they would work on the rear of a TRX also. As far as I know they run quads on the concrete and coke syrup with this setup. Im not up on the details of those though. I would like to make it out there and watch and possibly race sometime. Its looks like a blast! Im going to run my 350X on a dirt oval close to me. Thanks, Kiser.

Tri-Z 250
03-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Kiser, I have no intentions of ever attending the Battle at the Barn event(way too far for me)...but would love to run this setup at one of the OTC events, is what I was getting at.

kiser
03-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Tri-Z, I agree with running a OTC event with this setup on everybodys bikes. That would be a blast and fair to everybody at the same time. ATC300R, Im not sure what to run on gearing yet. With that small of tires I think to get much speed, go as big on the front and as small on the back as you can. I have a really small rear sprocket for a 350x that im going to use and I already have as big as i can go on the front so hopefully Im close. I will just have to ply with that when I get to that point. I agree with you on running suspension. Im going to also. Not much but enough to soak up the small bumps.

Tri-Z 250
03-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Gearing for this type setup would be by track...Meaning: You gear the trans to the longest straight-0-way so your just topped out before the corner like at Astabula. Oval or tight turn courses (where the strech isn't there), you pick something that keeps the motor up in the rev/powerband for the majority of the track. TT, Oval, and FT are much more critical to gearing as to HS and MX. So there is NO 1 setup that covers the entire spread of combinations and tracks. Gearing charts can help with the ratios within the combination so you can get a base point, close to stock. This way you don't lose top speed and can gage performance to drop/add a tooth to favor of the track.

CRAZY70MAN
03-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I may try it out at Paradise Speedway in Geneva NY. They have both TT and oval.The TT last year didnt have hardly any jumps.What they had was a small bump.But Im going set mine up with suspension.Plus they run go-carts there on the oval.Its a 1/4 mile oval.I need to figure out gearing. Wanting to have it geared with the cart tires so its close to stock.Stock setup is 13-42 with 22 inch rear tires.Im think with cart tires I need around 15-30 with 12 inch tires.This is just a ballpark figure.

Let me know how or where you get a 30 tooth rear.... It would be great.........but I think it may not be that easy.... I ran stock gears at Ashtabula last year on my Tri z with 18's and it was tapped out in 6th with 200 ft plus still left in the front straightaway. Gonna be hard to do but it can be done I beleive.....

big specht
03-30-2013, 09:45 AM
I had some custom made sprockets at http://custom-cutters.com/they have a program the lets them make what ever chain size you need all they need is a sprocket so they can copy the mounting holes and what ever notches that are in the sprocket.