PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With This Picture!?!

Bilster
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
I didn't list this under the Ebay/Craigslist forum because I'm looking for more of a technical answer to my question. Not interested in the purchase one way or another. Look at the front end and tell my why this is a bad idea. Please be kind. People on this site usually give good critic without making the questioner feel like an ass. I'm trying to flatten out my learning curve on what makes a trike handle well.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/bar/3634371631.html

Dave8338
03-25-2013, 12:17 PM
For starters, the rake angle is fairly steep which for low speeds, isn't all that bad however, at speed, it will make the bike twitchy. Also, using a motorcycle front rim and tire, leaves a very small contact patch and with a solid rear axle, will tend to push in a turn. Gyroscopic forces are another potential concern... at speed... not so good on a trike.

RodKnockRacing
03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
That is a shame to ruin a 200x that way

oldskool83
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
nice try with USD forks but its done wrong. its nothing custom. way more member here have done custom work. thats just some dirtbike tripples slapped onto the 200x lord know if it even has bearings. I'd got off them $200 if it run.

DasUberKraut
03-25-2013, 12:51 PM
The nontechnical answer is....

It makes the rider look like a goof. Gives the impression that trike owners are idiots.

Bilster
03-26-2013, 03:36 PM
For starters, the rake angle is fairly steep which for low speeds, isn't all that bad however, at speed, it will make the bike twitchy. Also, using a motorcycle front rim and tire, leaves a very small contact patch and with a solid rear axle, will tend to push in a turn. Gyroscopic forces are another potential concern... at speed... not so good on a trike.

Good points. Thanks for the lesson...

Kfx-xc-racer88
03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
easy fix, wide triples and the original wheel fettled on!! SORTED!