PDA

View Full Version : Some pics you guys might like

kebby28
03-24-2013, 09:22 PM
I finally got my girlfriend (who I'm proposing to in this next month :) ) to ride my 200es. She loved it so much and immediately said she wanted one so I said she could have that one. I'm now kinda worried shes might get hurt on it... I know she will do great on flat ground, but the trails in NH aren't really flat... But at least now she might understand a little better why I am dumping another $500 into my 250es ;)

MODERATOR EDIT: please do not post pics of riding with out a helmet. Please review the forum rules, we do not allow vids or pics of riding without helmets.

hondawasaki
03-24-2013, 09:25 PM
get her a helmet, glad she had fun.

kebby28
03-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Definitely. It was in low range and she only shifted to second for a minute.

kebby28
03-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Oh My God!!! That is ridiculous. You even erased the pic of her just sitting on the thing? Was this site made in Massachusetts by an old lady liberal democrat?

MODERATOR NOTE: If she was sitting on a stationary machine smiling at the camera as if posed for a picture I'd have left it alone but I had to make a call and she looked like she was riding it to me. We let a lot of things slide on this site but the helmets/pictures rule is not one of them. We miss a few here and there but when we're made aware they come down. This is nothing personal, just forum rules. Feel free to pose her on your bike just parked and snap a pic, better yet have a helmet hanging on the bars. This is no different than the how most magazines post submitted pictures. If you appear the be riding without a helmet Dirtwheels won't ever consider printing it. I've already put too much into this message but I thought some communication on this to everyone viewing this thread was a good idea. Finally, forum rules are forum rules and complaining about the forum rules and the moderators is against the rules, take a look at the rules. Thanks.

kebby28
03-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Well You might as well have deleted the thread.
I was so excited to post those pics here.
Well if your looking you can try to picture her playing on my 200es having a blast in 1st low...

M.Pargiello
03-24-2013, 10:57 PM
They are not too fond of no helmets. I can understand why, But My wife and I don't ride without helmets anyway. even just messing around in the yard.

Cool that she wants to ride the trike! My wife will sit on mine, but wont ride them. She feels safer on the TR200 :crazy:

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww84/96RedCav/20120818_155302.jpg

kebby28
03-25-2013, 05:29 PM
hehe, well thats good that she feels comfortable with the bike. I think it would be great to go riding with my girlfriend... As long as she doesn't want to go all the time.

thestud25
03-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Cute girl kebby. You wouldn't want that face to get ice burn, road rash or even worse would you? 1st gear or not anyone can bust their face on the bars or get pulled off by the back wheels. The moderators are just trying to keep the image good and safe as well as promote safe riding.

It is cool your girl likes your hobby, my wife will get on once a year if I am lucky.

dougspcs
03-25-2013, 06:01 PM
They are not too fond of no helmets. I can understand why, But My wife and I don't ride without helmets anyway. even just messing around in the yard.

Cool that she wants to ride the trike! My wife will sit on mine, but wont ride them. She feels safer on the TR200 :crazy:

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww84/96RedCav/20120818_155302.jpg

Crazy, but my wife feels the same..considering finding her a FatCat also if I can ever locate one for a decent dollar.

kebby28
03-25-2013, 06:11 PM
I understand. I'm probably just ignorant coming from the state that has no helmet laws. I don't want her to get so much as a scratch on her face. Or tear the skin off the back of her legs with those bear claws...

donwon
03-25-2013, 08:35 PM
my wife keeps fussing about coming on a ride with me, i tell her the auto-x ain't finished yet. it is though, i said it wasn't one time to see what she would say and now i'm just seeing how long i'll get away with it lol. got to get her a helmet too she's hot.

redsox
03-25-2013, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=kebby28;1210153]Oh My God!!! That is ridiculous. You even erased the pic of her just sitting on the thing? Was this site made in Massachusetts by an old lady liberal democrat?

haha. massachusetts!!! the bane of everyones existence. so true, so true. i'm about as far from lib as you can be, but helmets are good. they keep the brains on the inside, where they belong. i know from experience. its good stuff that your chic wants to ride. big plus.

M.Pargiello
03-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I bit it pretty hard one time without wearing a helmet a while back. We don't have helmet laws here (on road at least, unsure about off-road), but the loss of hearing from the crash made me change my tune for sure. I always have my helmet on now haha

On a lighter note, I did run over my legs a couple times on the trails at first (being used to the TR200, I just saw the fat tire in front and felt I was on my bike). The X got a bit tippy and it got me good, Only takes once or twice of putting your feet down to learn to keep them up and shift your weight instead :)

ColtonGG33
03-25-2013, 10:37 PM
I didn't know they had off road helmet laws? That sounds really strict, I never used a helmet till I bought one, but it is good to have one, in PA there is no helmet law on road an off road, but I do always wear my helmet plus it keeps u warm in the winter ;)

JasonB
03-26-2013, 08:59 AM
sorry for the frustrations there man, but im probably not the only one on here who has smashed his helmet into the ground at high speeds and lived simply because it was there. Helmets are good for the grey matter lol glad your Girlfriend did good on her first ride though, its always a toss up. My girlfriend had never driven an atv until trikefest 2010, after trikefest 2011 I bought her an 87 250sx because she wanted to do the trike thing. Its great to have someone that can enjoy the hobbies we do, congrats man. and get some shots of her with a helmet on!

tri again
03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
I had a friend get out of a river raft, took off his life vest, slipped on some rockes and broke ribs.

Life jacket would've saved that heartache but not the obvious reason
that life jackets are required.
rules is rules and 'round here, the cops refuse to listen to ANY excuses.

Big G
03-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Nice 200ES there Kebby - and congrats on the upcoming marriage!