PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to change 350x axles HELP, again,,,!

Audio_Phill
03-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Current Axle is an adjustable lonestar for a 300ex but it has issues as listed below:
Axle is 1.25" wider on left side (centered frame between wheels by doing away with spacers on left side)

The 300ex sprocket hub is too far left and the chain isn't perfectly straight. You can see the chain is about 3/8ths of an inch left of centered to front sprocket. Instead of sitting flush with carrier the hub pushes it slightly off line.

I cant find any durablue hd+4's so Im wondering if the problem with this axle is something in the parts used on it instead of the idea that a 300ex axle actually isn't compatible with the 350x.

More questions,

Does the 350x sprocket hub and other parts need to be used on the 300ex axle for everything to line up properly?

If so, does anyone have any spare 350x sprocket hubs, brake hubs, and rotors?

I'm getting ready to replace carrier, bearings, and axle. Want to make this thing right, gonna do new chain and sprockets too. Does anyone need an extended/adjustable lonestar axle for a 300ex in great shape?

Audio_Phill
03-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Quit reading and reply folks lol...

looking at the durablue 20-1145sp (300ex 2+2) the sprocket hub is very different, it looks to be way more offset than the stock 350x would be. If the axle will work I'm going to buy one as soon as I can get info I need, Spline lengths and count are identical to their 350x HD+4 axle, but the sprocket hub has me on the fence...