PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 225 electric start / rear-end question

short4stuff
12-14-2003, 09:49 AM
My electric start just makes a click it is coming from a black box that is under the fenders. Now before it did turn my starter over a little bit like probably 4 turns on the starter, and did not turn the engine over. My question is could it be that it just does not have enough power to engage the starter to touch the other gears... So would I just need to charge my battery, do you think that would fix all my problems or is there something else wrong?

Now the rear-end I can turn the wheels about 2 inches back and forth trailprotrailpro they catch ... So what would that problem be the gears?

Wickedfinger
12-14-2003, 02:05 PM
The rear end just sounds like normal free play on the output shaft that would disappear if the motor was running - I wouldnt worry about it. It sounds to me like you either need a new battery or probably need to charge the one you have like you said.

thefox
12-14-2003, 03:18 PM
The clicking is the starter solenoid working, there just isn't enought charge left in your battery to spin the starter motor. Start by charging the battery or replacing it if it is not holding a charge. Remember, batteries have to be replaced every few years.

-Andrew

REDMAN225
12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
yeah..try a new battery. the same thing happened to me. plus i had blown some fuse trying to jump start it so i wouldnt try that. good thing my buddy found that fuse because i was pulling my hair out.

atckowalski
12-14-2003, 09:59 PM
On my 225dx, even with a new battery, it won't start cold with the electric start, but it will once it is warm.Try pull starting it while you hold the starter button down if its really hard to pull like mine.My dad does that,when it is cold, to make it easier on himself I guess.

Before it was , dad fixes it, I take off on it.
Now it is, I fix it, He takes off on it.
What in the hell is up with that? :(

wallyrowley
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
I just bought a 225dr and it starts first pull everytime. I havnt bought a battery yet to try the electric start. But when i drive it and put it in gear it makes a noise wheni touch the throttle and when i start to go fast it stops then wheni crack on to it and jams up and stuff. The guy i bought it from said it needs new back bearings , could this be true? help me alot thanks:cool: