PDA

View Full Version : hello...? about parts

New2ATC
02-23-2004, 02:31 AM
I am new to the forum so I will introduce myself first..
My name is Patrick, I am 15 years old, and am pretty new to three wheelers.
I am buying a 1986 Honda 250SX from my neighbor for $200.00
I need a new gas tank, and don't really have the money for a brand new one. Does anyone know of a place to get used ones for low prices (other than ebay..)? If so that would really help.. I also need new fenders, and possibly new forks and rim.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you.

compaqkoci
02-23-2004, 02:48 AM
i want to say hello and welcome to the boards hope we can make your atc troubles a little less troublesome. do you have any off road salvage yards around where you live you can get lots of parts for cheap in those places.
200$ seems like a good price! anything wrong with the engine? :D

New2ATC
02-23-2004, 02:56 AM
I dont think i have any off-road junk yards around here.. the whole thing is pretty much stock.. the only problems with it are...
1:Hole in the gas tank..one is rigged on there
2:Needs the electrics worked on..
3:needs plastic work
4:lost third gear.. i think..
and that is all.. i think..
my neighbor got it from his nephew, who likes to ride it and wreck it..
all the electrical stuff isn't working
but it starts right up third kick..my neighbor will be helping me with all the repairs..but i have ridden it and goin from 2nd up to 4th doesnt really slow you down at all.. if you hit third.. all it does it revs up.. unless maybe you need to shift harder..

compaqkoci
02-23-2004, 03:17 AM
so is the gas tank rusted out?
plastics are easy to fix are they just cracked? or big chunks missing?
as for the electrical as long as it runs lmao
concerning the 3rd gear it has to go somewhere....pertaining to bits of it in the motor can suck alot. change out the oil, check out the air filter clean it probably needs it