PDA

View Full Version : 85r project and trivia

nonesense
03-04-2013, 02:55 AM
hey guys ive never posted a pic of my pumper project a year in the making. Im polishing the ims black 4 gallon and shes gonna have all black maiers. Guess that pipe, silencer, and shock and you get a cookie :p

I need someones opinion on this next matter at hand. Should I pull this durablue 2+2 thats in my other R and put it in my pumper project? or will it handle funny or look weird with the +6 extended stock swinger?

falloutboy
03-04-2013, 05:11 AM
wild guess but CT and powercore?

RIDE-RED 250r
03-04-2013, 04:12 PM
No idea on the shock..

Pipe: Bill's???
Silencer: Looks alot like FMF to my eye

IMHO, you are going to need extra width to preserve your cornering stability when stretching it +6. I would use the extended axle.... My 350r is 52" sidewall to sidewall.. Thats a DB +4 with ITP wheels that have an inch more offset each over OEM. Standard swinger.. I LOVE how it handles on fast gravel roads! The 250r that I'm wrapping up a build on right now measures just a whisker over 50" even. Thats an RPM +4 axle with OEM 350x wheels...

My guesstimation is the longer you stretch it, the wider you should make it so it corners good still...It might look a little crazy, but I don't recall having seen a +6 stretch with a +4 or more axle. But I doubt it would look that bad.. Who cares about looks anyway as long as you like how it handles. :beer

nstyle73
03-04-2013, 04:24 PM
I have a +6 swinger with a +6 axle on a Tecate, and I love it. It stays pretty glued to the ground unless you are really trying.

yaegerb
03-04-2013, 04:55 PM
I am 75% that the pipe is a CT and the silencer is either CT or bills.

Works shock?

nonesense
03-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Ding Ding it's a works shock. Ok ok yaegerb is 25% correct haha it's a JEMCO pipe and DMC silencer! She also flaunts a 39mm keihin air striker and Boyesen rad valve combined with a 69mm wiseco and stage 3 port and polish. Mid range isn't an option unfortunately. I bought the motor this way but I pulled it apart and painted the center cases, head, and cylinder, replaced crank seals, more seals, deglazed the cylinder, and added a copper high compression top head gasket. She's all taken apart because the base cylinder gasket leaks a bit of coolant so I'll be going back in to fix that.

The second bike does have a powercore! I love the way the red R handles with that Durablue, itp goldies and holeshots but top speed suffers since they're only 18's. I have an 81 mugen 360 you can see in the background but I can't imagine how quick your ct350 must be!

I've been wanting to swap axles but I've never pulled a pumper axle and don't have a giant wrench laying around. Gotta check world class help for a thread on pulling axles. The black one sits on sand skate II paddles but I'm on the hunt for a used pair of 20 in. Holeshots for 10 in. rims for ocotillo. Running out of time for the imperial invasion!

yaegerb
03-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Ok, can I have 1/4 of a cookie...lol :)