PDA

View Full Version : 200x tires, best bang for the buck?????

110klt
03-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Long cold rainy winter here in northern Arkansas, and I have been stairing at my 200x sitting in the garage for weeks. So I get the itch and start upgrading parts while we arn't riding.

Got to looking at my rear tires and nasty wheels and thought not a bad place to start.

So I bought a new set of 9x9 ITP's with a 3+6 offset.

And a set of 400ex rear hubs for a little added with.

So....... What's the best bang for the buck for rear tires and what size? I am guessing 20's in like a Holeshot or Razr and we are talking almost $200, my Trail Pro's are 22's and big, round and heavy. Will changing to a 20" mess with the gearing alot? Although not as popular I found some 21's too.

Looking for the voice of experance.

rg97
03-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Long cold rainy winter here in northern Arkansas, and I have been stairing at my 200x sitting in the garage for weeks. So I get the itch and start upgrading parts while we arn't riding.

Got to looking at my rear tires and nasty wheels and thought not a bad place to start.

So I bought a new set of 9x9 ITP's with a 3+6 offset.

And a set of 400ex rear hubs for a little added with.

So....... What's the best bang for the buck for rear tires and what size? I am guessing 20's in like a Holeshot or Razr and we are talking almost $200, my Trail Pro's are 22's and big, round and heavy. Will changing to a 20" mess with the gearing alot? Although not as popular I found some 21's too.

Looking for the voice of experance.
If you had some 8 inch rims i would go for the OEM ohtsu tire, my local honda dealer has them at $60 a piece, and i bought some... boy are they great in all terrains. they are called an ohtsu P/V 301. thats the updated name ohtsu has given them

rg97
03-01-2013, 08:08 PM
forgot to add that they are a 22" tire