PDA

View Full Version : Wounder Warrior Foundation & Ashtabula 2013 Press Release

acecarlos
02-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Folks:

We are pleased to announce the press release for Ashtabula 2013 and the Wounded Warrior Raffle WURKS TRX363R. Raffle tickets will be available starting in March and running through the Ashtabula event scheduled for July 26-28th. Raffle tickets can be purchased on line or at the event July 26-28th. The lucky winner will receive a totally new TRX363R WURKS bike. All proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Foundation.

We already have secured the backing of the Wounded Warriors and our event is posted on the Wounded warrior Web site. Check out: http://www.proudsupporterwwp.org/mis...er-events.aspx click OH (Ohio) on the map and enter July for the month.

Other event details include full factory support from Honda & Kawasaki, full magazine coverage as well as other major donors, details to follow...

Bud Fisher is working with the AMA to set-up the raffle ticket sales and proceeds. The Wounded Warrior Foundation will receive a check with all the proceeds at the end of the Ashtabula event. Here is the press release with the attached official release:

AMA Extreme Dirt Track Series

Pine Lake Raceway Ashtabula, Ohio July 26-28, 2013

Monday,February 18, 2013

We are proud to announce in conjunction with Bud Fisher & Pine Lake Raceway, BDTMotorsports & Rob Selvy the donation of a fully custom built new BDTM WURKS TRX363R valued at $35,000 with 100% of proceeds from all raffle tickets & donations going to help the men & women of the Wounded Warriors Foundation.

Major manufacturers, distributors and donors will be added and recognized as the event evolves in the coming weeks & months.

The lucky winner will receive the WURKS BDTM 363R after the raffle as well as the WoundedWarrior Foundation will be presented with a check totaling all proceeds at PineLake Raceway, July 28th.

Event Schedule:

· 200CC Three Wheeler
· 250CC Three Wheeler
· OpenCC Three Wheeler
· Woods Race
· Full Extreme Dirt Track Event Schedule
· WURKS BDTM TRX363R Raffle Give Away
· Wounded Warrior Foundation Check Presentation

Let’s make Ashtabula 2013 the premier ATV event of the year, and help us recognize our military service Men & Women with your generous donations to the WoundedWarriors Foundation.

Thank to everyone,

Bud Fisher Pine Lake Raceway

Carlos Aloise & Rob Selvy BDT Motorsports

ctk
02-24-2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/after-controversial-refusal-wounded-warrior-project-ceo-to-appear-on-gun-talk

Many other articles on wounded warrior project. Find another wounded veteran charity to donate to.

Mosh
02-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Folks:

We are pleased to announce the press release for Ashtabula 2013 and the Wounded Warrior Raffle WURKS TRX363R. Raffle tickets will be available starting in March and running through the Ashtabula event scheduled for July 26-28th. Raffle tickets can be purchased on line or at the event July 26-28th. The lucky winner will receive a totally new TRX363R WURKS bike. All proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Foundation.

Event Schedule:

· 200CC Three Wheeler
· 250CC Three Wheeler
· OpenCC Three Wheeler
· Woods Race
· Full Extreme Dirt Track Event Schedule
· WURKS BDTM TRX363R Raffle Give Away
· Wounded Warrior Foundation Check Presentation

Let’s make Ashtabula 2013 the premier ATV event of the year, and help us recognize our military service Men & Women with your generous donations to the WoundedWarriors Foundation.

Thank to everyone,

Bud Fisher Pine Lake Raceway

Carlos Aloise & Rob Selvy BDT Motorsports

What gives??? Last year we had a mini class which turned out to be maybe the funnest portion of the race invloving 10 or so riders?
So no mini class this year? :wondering
:wondering:shiftyeyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3H9X20V1U&list=UUWKIPYVzDqIHMDtx53gy55Q& index=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aYJJWNDI8&list=UUWKIPYVzDqIHMDtx53gy55Q& index=18

xrider
02-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Are the classes just straight CC classes? or is there a higher displacement allowed for four strokes in the 250cc class?

nstyle73
02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Can you run a front knobby or do they all need to be "turf tires"? Other restrictions?

acecarlos
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Can you run a front knobby or do they all need to be "turf tires"? Other restrictions?

I am sure Bud will run a 'Mini' class if the entries show up. Bud was a big part of preparing & approving the press release, however; he may not have noticed the 'Mini' class not listed. I know he has since mentioned adding a 'Side by Side' class...

As far as I know and how I understand the schedule, as long as we have enough entries the classes will be seperated into CC limited classes; 200CC will be a max of 200CC (205CC I beleive is the limit) in either a 2 or 4 stroke. The bigger 4 strokes like 450CC's or biiger will run in the Open class. However; this is not my call, all the races, schedules & events belong to Bud and everyone else involved, not me.

Don't know of any restrictions at this time, I would think the use of front tire type or restrictions are no different than it has been in the past at Ashtabula...will ask and post if restrictions change or are added.

Carlos