PDA

View Full Version : Another take out NOS engine saved!

Buster Brown
02-24-2013, 03:52 AM
Seems there are fewer '86 NOS/take out engines floating around than the '85's. At least they don't pop up as often. Almost always at least one NOS '85 ATC 250R engine for sale on eBay at a given point. This '86 ATC pumper is dirty with the usual dust and cob webs, but not to banged up from being handled/moved over the 27+ years. I had to get a tetanus shot after removing it from the wood board. It held in the box well this way, but looks rather crude! I'm still very happy to have picked it up. Don't mean to brag or show off, but just thought I'd share that they still are out there if you look. This one was in very plain sight, and at a pretty reasonable price. Anyone else see this, but just passed??

dougspcs
02-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Bloody excellent..I'd be doing a snoopy dance if I fell upon something like that!

I still have my NOS 250SX engine that I found a few years back in a box under my bench.

Now the really hard part, deciding what to do with it? Do you sell it for a profit, install and run it or just keep it in a box a look at it once in a while knowing you'll never have another like it? EVER!!

http://youtu.be/Iz-8CSa9xj8

Welcome to the cursed!!!

Big G
02-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Geez Buster...from the looks of the carpet your engine and trike are sitting on, I'd say you have them parked in your living room! Not that there's anything wrong with that ;) Definetely a nice engine!

Doug, I'd say hang on to your engine for now. It will only go up in value as time goes on, and sell it only if you absolutely need the cash. If you sell it off too soon, you'll likely regret it!

LastFoolerInVA
02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
that is a thing of beauty!!!!! if it were mine, I'd put a hone on it-after 27 years it would have to have some sort of grove in the cylinder wall, & drop it in my pumper... but thats just because I need a motor!!! but then again, I would never have the $$ to afford a NOS engine..

aldochina
02-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I picked up a few 85's crated very similar not all that long ago! you are right about the 86's not coming up very often! first time seeing that one! good find!

dustrunner
02-25-2013, 11:12 AM
nice find... where did you find it ?

poohbee1
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
That has always puzzled me it seems there is a limitless supply of 85 motors but you would think that it would be totally opposite . Does anybody have any idea how this happened it just doesnt seem like there would have been that many 85s cut up? very nice find