PDA

View Full Version : 200s Recoil pullstart Ebay rebuild kit any good?

booblinker
02-24-2013, 12:46 AM
I am in the process of redoing my 200s, rebuilt the motor, new shoes cables, freshly turned drums etc. not I'm to the point of rebuilding my Pull start, I see the
Ebay kits for around $100 and am planning to order one once a few of my auctions. Anyways my question is, are they junk? The reviews from the denniskirk one makes me nervous, there is a link in this thread. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/120087-recoil-rebuild..where-to?highlight=recoil+rebuild

atcman77
02-24-2013, 09:41 AM
The kits sold on FeeBay for $85 are the same Chinese kits that Dennis Kirk sells.

I will give you a bit of advice before buying one as I have tried them before... If you plan on using the compression release that comes on the 200s then don't waste your money on this kit. The drive pulley that comes with it is not made to Honda specifications. It is slightly thicker and will bind against the hook case ring when bolted down to the engine and in turn, the rope will not retract back into the housing. If you are re-installing the original compression release and need the pulley, then get a factory Honda part. It may cost a few dollars more but you will be glad you did in the end.

If you are not re-installing the compression release then the kit will work. I have used one on a early 200es (those models don't have the compression release built into the recoil) and it did function correctly.

remsandpets
02-24-2013, 08:27 PM
I purchased a kit from the dealer. Better quality by a long shot. Keep you trike investment sound, buy Honda parts!