PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling parts need to know the do's and dont's of cross border shipping

honda4h
02-23-2013, 12:00 AM
i understand there are ways of keeping the tax man out of our pocket on shipping and also avoiding brokerage fees etc.id like to start buying,selling and trading parts. with everyone. interested. please give me your tip's and trick's. thank you

jeswinehart
02-23-2013, 12:13 AM
As far as I know or have experienced as a purchaser who lives in the United States buying from abroad there is no duty fee's if under 1000 dollars (insured or declared value).
We ship a rather large amount of our reproduction parts all over the world and mark customs form as gift and what ever actual shipping cost is as the declared value amount.
On substantial orders I ask buyer if I can insure for actual amount and have yet had a buyer say yes. All have said no, do NOT insure it.
99.9 % of our items are priced with shipping included and I would cheerfully pay for the added insurance coverage if international customer okay-ed.

What exactly is the breaking point ~ dollar amount before Canada folks pay duty on product coming too you ?

Howdy
02-23-2013, 06:25 AM
I do the same as jeswineheart. Occasionally ( big dollar items ) I mark it: Other and put "Returned Parts" on the label with a random Return Authorization number ( example: RA: 781067657a ). Along with please send the proper parts wrote on the bottom. It works!!!
Howdy